DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I agree! Npdang really can tun a sub. However, his sub tuning may not be for everyone. Everyone has different preference, also depends greatly on what you listen to.

In short: His tuning involves runing your sub full pass, but attenuating it rather large. That way it blends right into the music with the mids. Time alignment may be needed (slightly).

David

·
Registered
265 Posts
Daitrong, it's not that concrete. There's always all the choices you have inbetween. I personally liked my bass a little more than NPDang's. My carpool make begs me to turn the sub up like +12dbs before he's happy with his rap tunes :)

David

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
My only advice really is that make sure you have a smooth changing response, if not flat response. Any serious or abrupt peaks/dips in the response will not sound good. And take care that you have good mid to sub integration.

Yes, I do tune to a flat response which is not agreeable to many people. Personally, I like it to sound more like a well done home setup than a car, in which the bass is as transparent as possible. But if you like something more agressive, usually a 3-6db per octave boost from 100hz and down works well as long as it's a smooth increase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.