DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
what about a comp set?

perhaps seperate crossovers, with adjustable features. or a crossover plan like zaphaudio.com has for the MT sets. that way you can skip making them, but still make plans available.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Hmm if they sound anything like my 26's there gonna be awesome, but better low end extension is always good. I can't really use the LPG's lower than 3k or around there.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I'm still debating between a pre-made passive, and just publishing a free design for the passive in case anyone wanted it.

Regardless, you're still going to need to eq as with any other set :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
npdang said:
I'm still debating between a pre-made passive, and just publishing a free design for the passive in case anyone wanted it.

Regardless, you're still going to need to eq as with any other set :)
how big of a flange :)

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Well... I'm trying to get it in the same exact dimensions as the d2904/6000-1 scan-speak. But I'd like a bit more excursion, and a flatter dome profile. 1khz is really pushing it, but I think ~1.5khz is doable as a lower end cutoff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Zapco Reference Tweeters run down to about 1K as well. As far as the crossover, I would have to agree that give them the information but don't waste the money on building them. Every car is different and should really use a crossover network built for the responses in that car. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ya, Zapco's new tweeters are amazing. I'm looks for an inexpensive mid to pair up with my XXX mids (already installed). I have some LPG26na's, but I'm interested in getting a pair that will play lower.

What's up with the tweeters npdang?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Yea Dang any updates....On midrange, midbass or tweet for that matter, and Didn't you mention a sub too? Sounds like you've been buisy...hows things going with them?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.