DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I downloaded the Advent upgrade, successfully ran the updates, but my unit now does not boot up. I did wait for all the upgrades to run 100%, and the unit started to shutdown and reboot as it was supposed to.

Planning to go to back to the installer to fix, but has anyone else had a similar problem while running OEM updates on Advent units?

What I hear now, is my vehicle making clicking sounds maybe from the alternator? My vehicle console also lights up with all the vehicle warnings. But when I disconnect the Advent unit from the vehicle harness, the vehicle warnings go away, and I can drive my vehicle normally. But I'm still stuck with an Advent unit that I have no idea how to upgrade or restore the firmware now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently I downloaded the Advent upgrade, successfully ran the updates, but my unit now does not boot up. I did wait for all the upgrades to run 100%, and the unit started to shutdown and reboot as it was supposed to.

Planning to go to back to the installer to fix, but has anyone else had a similar problem while running OEM updates on Advent units?

What I hear now, is my vehicle making clicking sounds maybe from the alternator? My vehicle console also lights up with all the vehicle warnings. But when I disconnect the Advent unit from the vehicle harness, the vehicle warnings go away, and I can drive my vehicle normally. But I'm still stuck with an Advent unit that I have no idea how to upgrade or restore the firmware now.
It happened on our car Advent OCH 1 yesterday it is exactly the same problem. Any advice? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.