DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
David brought in his 2011 Raptor for an audio upgrade. He was looking for a high end car audio shop in the Orlando area and actually found me thanks to this for forum so I thought it would be fitting to go over board with the install pics so you guys can get a peak at this killer truck and the system to match.

Before we start with the truck we start with the equipment.

DynAudio
System 242
MD 142
MW 190

Mosconi
Gladen One 120.4

JBL
MS8

Hush Mat
Damping Material
Acoustical Foam

Now that we got that out of way let's get started. As always you have to tear down before you build up.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dont mean to knock the truck or build but it looks like there is a bunch of rust on internal metal parts for a new truck.....just saying.

~JH

·
2,103 Posts
Dont mean to knock the truck or build but it looks like there is a bunch of rust on internal metal parts for a new truck.....just saying.

~JH
Looks that same on all the new f150s I've worked on.

In for a good build though. I love working on these trucks!!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since I like being as noninvasive as possible I decided to make my own plug and play harness for the OEM integration. I ordered the 2 sides of the radio plug and soldered the wires that needed to be tapped. At the end I had a custom plug and play harness.

Ususally I do my wiring last but in this case I ended up running everything first. I used Hush Mat "Quiet Tape" to tape down the runs under the front carpet.

The factory wire channel was used to route the wire.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

A little flex loom and routing along factory lines gives an OEM apperance to the power wire run.

My favorite fuse tap was used to tap for ignition. I must say CAN BUS systems can be very annoying sometimes but these taps make it bearable.

·
Administrator
17,749 Posts
Oh ****, Russ you did work today ? :laugh:

·
Administrator
17,749 Posts
YUP! Not everyone can sit in front of a computer all day;)
Wow ! I will make sure I am not available for any more orders/questions then since it's like that ! hahahahaha

·
Administrator
17,749 Posts
Oh and how did that other thing work out ? With Steven ...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow ! I will make sure I am not available for any more orders/questions then since it's like that ! hahahahaha
Sigh........I'll sic Nelson on you :p

Good. Good. I really didn't get the chance to work with him on this project but I have a full Utopia build coming up that will be Straight. See what I did there. O god i need some sleep

·
Administrator
17,749 Posts
That worked before. Once. Then I thought ... he is local to you and I can hang up on him. :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts