DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rewired my system, installing a new amp for my ribbons and then bridging my 4-channel Tsunami into my CA18RNXs. I also incorporated a Coustic XM3 crossover to High-pass the ribbons.

Now, for some reason, there seems to be distortion or resonances or something coming from my front left woofer. It's most noticable when there's bass... there just seems to be harmonics coming out of the woofer that aren't in the music. I was using all 4 channels of the Tsunami on my ribbons and woofers before, and I had nothing like this, but now that I've bridged it to the two, it is doing it. I have both gains set identically for both woofers, as well as all the processing shut off for both.

Something else to note, when I was running everything off the 4 channels, it seemed as though the left woofer moved more during bass hits and things like that... like its suspension was looser than the right woofer.

Any ideas what could be going on??

·
Registered
531 Posts
87DXHatch said:
I just rewired my system, installing a new amp for my ribbons and then bridging my 4-channel Tsunami into my CA18RNXs. I also incorporated a Coustic XM3 crossover to High-pass the ribbons.

Now, for some reason, there seems to be distortion or resonances or something coming from my front left woofer. It's most noticable when there's bass... there just seems to be harmonics coming out of the woofer that aren't in the music. I was using all 4 channels of the Tsunami on my ribbons and woofers before, and I had nothing like this, but now that I've bridged it to the two, it is doing it. I have both gains set identically for both woofers, as well as all the processing shut off for both.

Something else to note, when I was running everything off the 4 channels, it seemed as though the left woofer moved more during bass hits and things like that... like its suspension was looser than the right woofer.

Any ideas what could be going on??
i'm pretty sure that is tsunami's great QC showing through :)

its happened before...and also with avionixx amps....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now, after tightening down some random wire in the engine bay, my mild alternator whine is completely gone, and the odd distortion/harmonics are gone as well.

Ah well, I'm happy now anyway. Odd that adding more external components created less alternator whine. Perhaps when I created a more solid ground to ground everything to that did it.

/slowly backs away from the vehicle

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, the odd distortion is still there, just not as noticable, I guess. "LA Song" by Fischerspooner really makes it obvious, but with everything else you can't really hear it. The alt whine is completely gone, though, which is awesome. I thought I'd have to upgrade more underhood crap to get it gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.