DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official Hybrid Audio L1 & L1 pro aluminium Pod Pre -order!! Pods finally being made!

hi guys!

I'm finally putting the Hybrid Audio Tweeter pods for the L1 and L1pro into production.

This is a pre-order for Diyma to test out the online market.

Here are the pictures and videos of the pods

this screw holds the tweeter in place

Pod angle CAN be adjusted.

U just need to loosen a nut in the stand

Here's a video of the pod's angle being able to be changed ( the nut was loosened)

Now for prices

This is a pre-order and pods are in production.

Pre-order price is $170 Shipped to the USA

Pods will be ready in about 2 weeks

Once pods are ready for shipping, introductory DIYMA price will be $180.

All pods will be shipped via Fedex ( with tracking number) and will take 3-4 days to reach you in the US.

I've sold Morel pods in another thread and i hope my customers can vouch for my service here.

To order, please email me at [email protected]

Cheers all!

Russ

p.s for those who are not sure how the pods will look like in the car, you can check out some pods install here

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-morel-tweeter-pods-now-sale-check-out-2.html

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Official Hybrid Audio L1 & L1 pro aluminium Pod Pre -order!! Pods finally being m

one more thing, for those are are wondering how the wires are ran, the stem is hollow and you can run the tweeter wires thru it into the A pillars :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Re: Official Hybrid Audio L1 & L1 pro aluminium Pod Pre -order!! Pods finally being m

one more thing, for those are are wondering how the wires are ran, the stem is hollow and you can run the tweeter wires thru it into the A pillars :)

Cheers!
Wow only $170.00 I think I will order 10 sets :laugh:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

Very nice product! Is it an option for you to have them anodized, or would we need to have it done locally?
Thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Very nice product! Is it an option for you to have them anodized, or would we need to have it done locally?
Thanks!
hi there!

you can do whatever you want to the pods!

We will have to outsource the anodizing, but it's gonna cost almost as much as the pod itself.

Its best you have it done on your side to save cost :)

hope this helps

Cheers!

Russ

·
Registered
194 Posts

Got some outer diameter measurements and depth etc? I'm having trouble visualising how I could fit them..

·
Registered
844 Posts

The only problem with these is the jam nut inside the mounting stem that sets the positioning angle can only be adjusted when the pod is unmounted and no wires are routed through the stem, so not possible to fine-tune the positioning while you're listening. Otherwise, these are nicely done.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The only problem with these is the jam nut inside the mounting stem that sets the positioning angle can only be adjusted when the pod is unmounted and no wires are routed through the stem, so not possible to fine-tune the positioning while you're listening. Otherwise, these are nicely done.

heya,

it maybe a little more troublesome, but its better as compared to having to re-fabricate your A pillar to change the angle of the tweeter.

To adjust it, just remove the A pillar, remove the tweeter, loosen up the nut and adjust the angle, then put everything back, and your angle is changed :) might take 5 mins to do but it works.

Or if you wanna get really hardcore, dont tighen the nut, use some sticky tack to hold the angle in place ( prob lots of it) and adjust it while listening. when you got the optimum angle, then remove everything and tighten the nut :)

Hope this helps

Cheers1

·
Registered
9 Posts

Do you have any pods in you line-up to house the HAT L3/L3SE ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Do you have any pods in you line-up to house the HAT L3/L3SE ?
hi there,

not really considering doing the mid range pods at the moment.

Those are kinda expensive to make :(

Cheers!

Russ

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

hi folks!

I had an earlier batch of pods made for some dealers.

Thus i have pods ready for shipping.

Early bird price is still $170 USD shipped!

Email me at [email protected]!

Pre-order prices will end next wednesday, 5th october!

Orders yours now!

Cheers all

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

hi guys!

one more day til pre-order sale prices end! get your pods today!

Cheers!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

hi guys!

Pod prices are now $180 shipped :) Hope all who have their pods can post up some pics to share!

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Received mine this morning, arrived to my door after sending payment 2 day ago :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Received mine this morning, arrived to my door after sending payment 2 day ago :D
Heya!

Hope u like them:)

Share some pics!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Got my 3 pods in yesterday... Hopefully I'll have some pics posted tomorrow.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

hi neil!

share some pics when u got the time!

cheers!

Russ

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

hi neil!

share some pics when u got the time!

cheers!

Russ

1 - 20 of 45 Posts