DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Kurt, the owner of Tremorz Auto Sound in Statesville and he said we can use his shop/parking lot to have the meet on Saturday. The address of the shop is:

1124 Barkley Rd
Statesville, NC 28677

You can google it and find directions. It's pretty easy to find. Once you get off the interstate you'll head down hwy 70 until you see a Shell gas station on your right. You'll turn right immediately after the gas station and then the parking lot is on the right about 30 yards after you turn.

The meet will begin at 12:00 noon. I will be there with a small tent setup in the parking lot. I'll have the XTZ analyzer with me along with my laptop so we can analyze anyone's car that wants it.

After the meet we'll probably head down to exit 36 or exit 25 off of I77 to eat and hang out for a while. There are plenty of hotels around the area so don't worry about not being able to find a place to crash for the night if you're going to stay the night.

If you're going to be there, reply in this thread. :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we thought about 5/29 but it was better for Zach who is flying in from Cali to meet on the 30'th. That way it's on a Saturday too, so hopefully more people could come.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oh good stuff!!! I will TRY very hard to make. *crosses fingers for that weekend off*

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I will certainly be be there - I have three others that I am forwarding this to. Saturday the 30th works a little bit better for me as well. Thanks Nick for putting this together!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, keep in mind that it's going to be HOT that day and to dress accordingly. Between the shop owner and I we have at least 2 tents that we will set up in the parking lot and he'll also have the shop bay door open until he closes up on Saturday. But it's still going to be really hot. Don't show up in jeans and a sweater and wonder why it's so hot. ;)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I'm an idiot.

Guys, I forgot that Zach is out of comission on the 30'th. I hate to do this, but we'll need to re-schedule the meet for Friday. I'll make another post about this and hopefully it doesn't screw up too many other people since it's still quite a ways away.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Dang, my heartbeat fluttered, then sank all in one thread. Maybe I can get Friday off...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm gonna try to make this one if I get my system installed. It is my goal to have it ready for this. Well in some kind of working order. Then you guys can help me tune it since it's my first install and I've never tuned before.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
My system wont be installed either....I am pretty sure the sound will be there as the Bit One is scheduled to be back in my truck my May 15th. But the front stage will still be mounted in the plastic OEM locations.

I am looking for tuning advice as well as it is my first install ever.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you there! And J, it's going to be nice to actually get to spend some time in your ride listening instead of you listening to my hack job. :)

Also, I'll be bringing some of my Zuki ref CD's and anyone who needs help with tuning I'd be glad to offer my tone deaf ears. :D

Zach

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you there! And J, it's going to be nice to actually get to spend some time in your ride listening instead of you listening to my hack job. :)

Also, I'll be bringing some of my Zuki ref CD's and anyone who needs help with tuning I'd be glad to offer my tone deaf ears. :D

Zach
I look forward to meeting everyone too. But I have to throw out a disclaimer....my install is so novice...I just hope no one snickers at me behind my back or under my breath. The install was as good as I could (can) do and what I want to take away from the "Carolina-Q" is more knowledge and constructive criticism.

I am not saying I expect to get slammed, but I also think it is counter-productive to come to such an event with a snob attitude. I prefer good friends, good times...and good sharing. I hope this does not come across wrong. I have no hesitiation at attending. I look quite forward to it.

So Boost...yes I could use your help and anyone elses. I am not familiar with the Zuki Cds. I have the JM Labs Focal 6 CD set and that is all except a few publicly acknowledged reference CDs like Dire Straits.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Hey Kevin,

I would suspect there would be no slamming. I would submit that most of the folks that show up will have 'novice' installs. I would also submit that most everyone that shows up just enjoys the hobby, and wouldn't come off as super critical.

I think the level of enthusiasm is demonstrated with the replies here, even with the date change, and I think it shows that there are several guys who have wanted something like this for a long time (chance to learn a few things, receive some honest evaluation of their set ups, and potentially improve their systems through others advice and various tools (ref cds and RTA).

Zach will be modest, but I think it is awesome to have one of the most generous and enthusiastic DIYMA members at this gathering - I am always a little more excited about the hobby when I spend time with him or talk with him about it. He has a lot of experience experimenting with his set up to achieve excellent sound quality, and he has a lot of experience with the systems of the NorCal crowd.

I am really looking forward to spending time with folks who love this hobby, and hopefully improving my simple set up in some small way.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts