DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2020 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, 2008 Corvette, 2000 F250 Superduty (bought it new in 2000!)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been into car and home audio my entire life. To date myself here.....I won a Linear 2002 Amp in a "Crank it Up" Contest in 1983! LOL!
I can't remember all the cool equipment I have had over the years and I still have a lot of it sitting in boxes in the attic. Anyway, I started a big install in my 2020 Ford Expedition Max a couple weeks ago that I've been buying equipment for for several months and I kept getting sent here in my searches so I registered. I think I may have registered here many years ago but I couldn't remember so I started over.
The install is taking me longer than I planned because it took forever to sound deaden that big A#$ thing!
The equipment I am installing:
Front Speakers - JBL 670GTi components (Focal Utopia M 3 way set is in the near future but damn $$$$)
Front Amp - JL Audio VX600/6i for front 4 channels bridged for the mids. The remaining two channels for tweeters.
Rear door Speakers - JBL 670GTi components
Rear door Amp - JL Audio VX600/6i for front 4 channels bridged for the mids the remaining two channels for tweeters. Running all speakers actively crossed.
Factory Sub Enclosure Amp - JL Audio VX600/1i running a Sundown Audio SD-4 10 D4.
Front Center Channel 3.5 inch Infinity Reference 2 way powered by a SounDigital 400.4D EVO Amp
Rear D pillars 2 3/4" Kicker mids for rear fill powered by the same SounDigital 400.4D EVO Amp
Main Sub - JL Audio 13W7AE D1.5 in a sealed enclosure. I will make this box removable if the space is needed.
Main Sub Amp - JL Audio HD1200/1

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
Welcome, and crograts, sounds like you are well on your way with a great system!

You know, there is a 3-way Utopia set here for sale for about $2k, which is WAY less than the current street price of Utopia M gear ($4800+tax)... here

Reactions: icanski2

· Registered
2020 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, 2008 Corvette, 2000 F250 Superduty (bought it new in 2000!)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Mansfield and work in Las Colinas. I still have that Linear 2002! LOL! I have some real nice old Zed Audio ESX Quantum Amps from the 90's too. Still probably the best sounding amps I have personally experienced.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, and crograts, sounds like you are well on your way with a great system!

You know, there is a 3-way Utopia set here for sale for about $2k, which is WAY less than the current street price of Utopia M gear ($4800+tax)... here

Yes! I sent him a message a little while ago but haven't heard back. I totally understand some people may not want to deal with a newbie on transactions. I'm not saying that's what happened but I know I am cautious about it on the other forums I am active in.

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
He has the mids, I have the Utopia woofers and Beryllium tweeters, did you see his last post, it has a link to my ad?

cheers

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He has the mids, I have the Utopia woofers and Beryllium tweeters, did you see his last post, it has a link to my ad?

cheers
Yes I did. My problem is I need the his mids and your tweeters but not your woofers. I can't run 2 ohm woofers with my JL VX600/6i bridged and I am want to use 8's instead of 6.5's I could put your 6.5's in my vette to replace the KRX2's that are in it and move those to my f250 if I did go that route. My vette is kind of a waste for anything much more high end than what is in there because it is stupid loud convertible with headers and no cats, a big cam and blower with an obnoxious blow off valve. LOL

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
I am ok selling them separately, if I can find buyers for both at the same time...

The Beryllium Tweeters sound awesome...!

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am ok selling them separately, if I can find buyers for both at the same time...

The Beryllium Tweeters sound awesome...!
I'd be interested in that. Let me know. I wouldn't need the crossovers if that helps you move the woofers.

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts

cheers
Ok, I sold mine today, I bought them from a local shop, that sells Focal gear at a big discount, hit me up with a Conversation if you want their name/location...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.