DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eclipse 8443's screen just went out, Ive had this deck for atleast 7 years and its went through 5 different vehicles shes been a good deck :cry's:.

R.I.P
:(

Any way, enough drama. Im in the market for a new deck, Id like to find a deck with the same stats and on board sound processing as advanced or even more so than the 8443. I like the alpine Digital Media Receiver's but i dont want to have to buy a separate box for advanced dsp control, plus Im running out of room in a tiny std cab truck especially under the dash.

price range is below $400 hopefully, for sure under $500. single din only. Ive been out of car stereo's for along time so i dont know whats good any more.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well im,not able to help yiu with a deck, but I can feel your pain. I have the 8443 in my truck and absolutly love it, I dont know what id get to replace it!... Maybe find another 8443 or 8053?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the kenwood looks nice but i must have high and lowpass crossovers for my 2 way active front stage. bandpass would be nice to keep the low end out of my dayton rs180's but its not 100% needed. these new decks dont seem the have the fetures the older ones do for the $$ :(

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok after looking at the kenwood x995 some more I'm liking it. as for dsp Im going to go with minidsp unit.its tiny and will fit under my seat easy.

How bout that combo?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The X995 is packed with features, but the tuning capabilities leave a lot to be desired. However, when paired with a mini-DSP, you will have more control than the 8443.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts