DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on here for a couple of years, but thought some of you might enjoy seeing a pretty vintage build in a 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. The build is similar to what I might have done in 1987 - very simple and nothing very custom. That's all my skill allows, honestly! The only tricky part was finding a way to mount the second (lower) head unit. I removed the retractable cup holder and made a plate to cover that lower area. The equipment is obviously not all late 80s vintage... but I gave myself some latitude on that. All this was collected off of ebay over a period of about 10 years. No rear fill speakers yet but I'm hoping someday to find the Polk EX series II 5x7s. Not pictured is a Clarion 73eq that, for the time being at least, is mounted out of the way under the passenger seat.
Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Steering part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Rectangle
Blue Font Gas Packing materials Gadget
Gadget Rim Gas Font Circle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Plant

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
👍
As an installer from that time period, well done with some very nice old school equipment finds and a even nicer example of a Daytona. Well done.
Thank You! I was shocked to find the Daytona this last Spring, so hard to find and this one only has 67,000 miles. I hope to get many years of enjoyment out of both the car and the stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts