DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I really want that 7580, it's one of only a few units I'm missing for my collection of '93 products. PM me PLEASE, if you ever go to sell it. Great piece.
PM sent.

I don't have the owner's manual and it just stopped reading CDs recently, probably within a couple months. I can supply you additional images if you wish.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thought that this would be the best place to post this situation and request for advice:

I have a "not so old" Clarion DXZ555MP receiver in my RV that I am trying to add a SiriusXM SXV300 tuner to. The round connection on the SiriusXM tuner is C-bus while the square connection on the Clarion receiver is CeNET. I have seen a translator that used to be available through Cruchfield for CD changers, but don't know if it would work for my application or where I can find it (last one sold on eBay earlier this year!). Does anyone have some advice they can give me?

Thanks,
John
The SiriusXM SXV300 is not compatible with the DXZ555MP. You're going to need an old Sirius tuner, Sirius SC-C1 and Clarion CLA-SC1. Please be aware both of those components have been discontinued for a long time. Prior to purchasing an old Sirius tuner make sure it still can be activated by contacting SiriusXM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Sirius SC-C1 has a round DIN connector that plugs into the Clarion CLA-SC1. The CLA-SC1 has 2 CeNET ports. One goes between the head unit and the CLA-SC1 and the other is CeNET pass-thru for additional CeNET devices. Google Clarion CLA-SC1 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Depending on how much time you spend using your RV, have you considered a portable satellite tuner and using the auxiliary input on your DXZ555MP?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dear Chief Wiggum,

Found out that a SIR-CL3 model Sirius tuner should also work without the need for an adapter. SiriusXM also confirmed I should be able to use any Sirius tuner that is compatible with my Clarion head unit to receive their all access programing. So, for $40 I am going for it!

John
I forgot about that Sirius tuner, that was made by Directed Electronics way back in the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts