DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought that this would be the best place to post this situation and request for advice:

I have a "not so old" Clarion DXZ555MP receiver in my RV that I am trying to add a SiriusXM SXV300 tuner to. The round connection on the SiriusXM tuner is C-bus while the square connection on the Clarion receiver is CeNET. I have seen a translator that used to be available through Cruchfield for CD changers, but don't know if it would work for my application or where I can find it (last one sold on eBay earlier this year!). Does anyone have some advice they can give me?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the information! Before I go down "the rabbit" hole, how would the Sirius SC-C1 tuner and Clarion CLA-SC1 adapter you mention connect? I see that tuner uses the round C-Bus connector and the adapter has what seem like only square CeNET connections.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see now that there is an input on the other side of the Clarion CLA-SC1 adapter that is for connecting to the Sirius' SC-C1 DIN cable. I will check with SiriusXM regarding continuing support for the old tuner before I proceed. Thanks again for all your help! John

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is what I have been doing. I am trying to free up the AUX inputs for adding a connection for my cell phone (Bluetooth or hardwired). John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Chief Wiggum,

Found out that a SIR-CL3 model Sirius tuner should also work without the need for an adapter. SiriusXM also confirmed I should be able to use any Sirius tuner that is compatible with my Clarion head unit to receive their all access programing. So, for $40 I am going for it!

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts