621 - 640 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
HELP PLEASE!!!

Hey guys, I have an 89 Camaro that I've been working on restoring. When I used to drive it as an everyday car, I had an amazing stereo system hooked up. Ive been working on putting all of my speakers in and getting new wires hooked back up. The stereo I have is a Clarion DRX9375R (I bought it new in 97). Ive been driving with just the stereo hooked up (no speakers) and when I would start the car, the messages and such would scroll across the screen and everything seemed fine. One day last week, I started my car and it started flashing and now the face of the stereo wont work. I have checked the electric currents and the stereo is definitely getting currents to the rear and front of the stereo, but the face is still not working. I do not want to get a new stereo- I really want this one to work. I have the matching sound processor and CD changer that are made for the stereo, and I would love for this set to work again! Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
More then likely the face quit working. If that is the case, no worries. You can find a new face on ebay. If you get a new face and it continues, search for another 9375 on ebay. They show up quite often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought that this would be the best place to post this situation and request for advice:

I have a "not so old" Clarion DXZ555MP receiver in my RV that I am trying to add a SiriusXM SXV300 tuner to. The round connection on the SiriusXM tuner is C-bus while the square connection on the Clarion receiver is CeNET. I have seen a translator that used to be available through Cruchfield for CD changers, but don't know if it would work for my application or where I can find it (last one sold on eBay earlier this year!). Does anyone have some advice they can give me?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thought that this would be the best place to post this situation and request for advice:

I have a "not so old" Clarion DXZ555MP receiver in my RV that I am trying to add a SiriusXM SXV300 tuner to. The round connection on the SiriusXM tuner is C-bus while the square connection on the Clarion receiver is CeNET. I have seen a translator that used to be available through Cruchfield for CD changers, but don't know if it would work for my application or where I can find it (last one sold on eBay earlier this year!). Does anyone have some advice they can give me?

Thanks,
John
The SiriusXM SXV300 is not compatible with the DXZ555MP. You're going to need an old Sirius tuner, Sirius SC-C1 and Clarion CLA-SC1. Please be aware both of those components have been discontinued for a long time. Prior to purchasing an old Sirius tuner make sure it still can be activated by contacting SiriusXM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the information! Before I go down "the rabbit" hole, how would the Sirius SC-C1 tuner and Clarion CLA-SC1 adapter you mention connect? I see that tuner uses the round C-Bus connector and the adapter has what seem like only square CeNET connections.

John

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Sirius SC-C1 has a round DIN connector that plugs into the Clarion CLA-SC1. The CLA-SC1 has 2 CeNET ports. One goes between the head unit and the CLA-SC1 and the other is CeNET pass-thru for additional CeNET devices. Google Clarion CLA-SC1 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see now that there is an input on the other side of the Clarion CLA-SC1 adapter that is for connecting to the Sirius' SC-C1 DIN cable. I will check with SiriusXM regarding continuing support for the old tuner before I proceed. Thanks again for all your help! John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Depending on how much time you spend using your RV, have you considered a portable satellite tuner and using the auxiliary input on your DXZ555MP?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is what I have been doing. I am trying to free up the AUX inputs for adding a connection for my cell phone (Bluetooth or hardwired). John

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm a HUGE lover of Clarion products! Seems a few things never changed over the years... from all the way back in the late 70's and early 80's I remember those Clarion MCD360 crossovers AND their famous 7-band EQS746 equalizer. In fact, I remember when these were in high demand, but things change and peoples' taste changes. NOT MINE!

I'm coming up on close to 60 years old and loved the old school Clarion equalizers and crossovers so much I bought their MCD360 crossover for my 99 Dodge Stratus when I got $100,000 from my dad's life insurance policy in 2008 and could afford pretty much ANY brand. It was quality, not price that got me! Back when I had the Stratus I was a huge fan of Kenwood speakers, so I bought ALL Kenwood speakers, DVC 12's, even CD changer and 3 amps. Now days, Clarion has far surpassed Kenwood in their frequency response of their speakers, so I sold all my Kenwood speakers and subs and now run Clarion.

Now, in my last car AND my current Civic, I'm running the Clarion EQS746 7-band equalizer and love it! Only "issue" I have with it is that someone at Clarion should have redesigned the fader knob so it's on the LEFT of the auxilary button instead of on the RIGHT among the frequency knobs! Otherwise, no problems.

This is my my present setup:
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Chief Wiggum,

Found out that a SIR-CL3 model Sirius tuner should also work without the need for an adapter. SiriusXM also confirmed I should be able to use any Sirius tuner that is compatible with my Clarion head unit to receive their all access programing. So, for $40 I am going for it!

John

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
If anyone is interested in this stuff let me know by sending a PM. Cleaning out the garage.

Clarion Drx8575z - works fine but sometimes shuts off when you go to insert a disc

Clarion Drx9575rz - works but backlight doesn't come on, have extra face plate but turns out issue is with ribbon cable.

Clarion Remote - works

Clarion DPH7500z - works

Clarion 6-disc changer - worked when I pulled it out, haven't tested

10' CeNet cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
That visor speaker is crazy, I love it!

Okay I know this is going to be a longshot for how rare this amp is but my last Clarion APA4300HX stopped working and now the LEDs blink "888 888 888 888". It may have been shipping related as it happened after a trip across the country. I took it apart to see if there was anything obviously wrong but nothing was loose, nothing burnt, no shorts, etc. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be? Trying to decide if it is worth fixing (if I can even find someone who knows about these) or if I need to give up and dedicate it as a robust paperweight. Any insight is welcome!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dear Chief Wiggum,

Found out that a SIR-CL3 model Sirius tuner should also work without the need for an adapter. SiriusXM also confirmed I should be able to use any Sirius tuner that is compatible with my Clarion head unit to receive their all access programing. So, for $40 I am going for it!

John
I forgot about that Sirius tuner, that was made by Directed Electronics way back in the day.

621 - 640 of 672 Posts