DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1206 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just signed up to this forum to do a build thread on my truck. Ill be using a Lanzar opti 200 for the fronts, and a G2M, G4S, and X4B as well. I also have a 4100Q on the shelf, and another G4s, a 15LP and a DC15D, and a 4150 with dramas, maybe some cs6.2S and some DCT tweeters. I think i also have an older style amp without crossovers, but ill have to search. I was thinking of running the 4100Q for the fronts (bridged to each side, Dynaudio's), and the 200 for the 2 boston pro12.4lf's, but it think i will buy a cheap d class amp for the subs, much to my dismay. I really want a 2500 for the subs.

Back in the day i built the enclosure for 12 x OA12s in a mitsi cordia running off 3 x opti 50c's. It was the first car in the country to reach 150db and with the subs turned down got a 38/40 score on the iasca? test cd. Also built a Mitsi Sigma with 8 x DC15ds in a wall that did 154db off 2x2500 amps, 6 batterys though.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,166
Sweet stash. Did you buy at a store that was closing or something? There was a time I was hunting for a set of those DC 6.1. Other than the component speakers, I think you and I are an even match. Don't get me wrong I'd still love to have a set of those components. Nice fan shrouds you have too by the way.

The more I think about it, you've actually got me beat. I don't collect the silver series obvious. To me that was the last of anything decent from the LANZAR.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sweet stash. Did you buy at a store that was closing or something? There was a time I was hunting for a set of those DC 6.1. Other than the component speakers, I think you and I are an even match. Don't get me wrong I'd still love to have a set of those components. Nice fan shrouds you have too by the way.

The more I think about it, you've actually got me beat. I don't collect the silver series obvious. To me that was the last of anything decent from the LANZAR.
Buy all components set on ebay about three years ago, probably found in a storage auction because there were insects in some cases, but the product is new, without any damage. and they sold right through ebay. I clean them and everything looks new.
There is a discussion if the silver amplifiers were made by zed audio, and what I can say is that only those who say on the circuit board handcrafted in the USA have the possibility because the circuit board is the same as the Alphasonik, USacoustics, boss made by zed audio, probably they were in bad terms and why not say zed audio, only says handcrafted in the USA.

The last silver are made in china.

Have a great day.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,169
I'm constantly on eBay looking for OS LANZAR, never saw those.

Thank god they upgraded those xovers in rev b.

Zed had no hand in the slicer Optis.

Here's a link on the history of Zed from the man himself. The years he worked for LANZAR are too soon for the silver ones. It was the LXR/LZ series by the time frame.

Steven Mantz History

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm constantly on eBay looking for OS LANZAR, never saw those.

Thank god they upgraded those xovers in rev b.

Zed had no hand in the slicer Optis.

Here's a link on the history of Zed from the man himself. The years he worked for LANZAR are too soon for the silver ones. It was the LXR/LZ series by the time frame.

Steven Mantz History
From what I understand is the newer sliver ones with the hump are zed. That link you have about his history is really old. When they switched to the flat silver ones is when he stopped. Can not Confirm. Just from what I have understood from reading online.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,172
On the Old school LANZAR facebook page is was confirmed that Zed designed the silver Optis but did not build them. LANZAR asked Zed to design an amp that was reliable but made with the cheapest parts at a cheap price point. LANZAR also said they didn't want his name on the board. Designed cheaply, if I were Zed, I wouldn't want my name on the board anyway.

This was direct from a guy that worked next to Zed at LANZAR.

·
Registered
326 Posts
On the Old school LANZAR facebook page is was confirmed that Zed designed the silver Optis but did not build them. LANZAR asked Zed to design an amp that was reliable but made with the cheapest parts at a cheap price point. LANZAR also did they didn't want his manner on the board. Designed cheaply, if I were Zed, I wouldn't want my name on the board anyway.

This was direct from a guy that worked next to Zed at LANZAR.
Well that's good to know. I don't think I would want my name on something made on the cheap. Although I have heard that they were some pretty decent amps. Even if they were made on cheap I wonder if the design makes up for it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just got this in the mail today. This is the only one I've ever seen, not sure what gen amps this goes with. LXR's or LZ's? This thing is huge, it's a lot bigger than it looks in pics. It's about 12"L x 6"W. The knobs are the size of nickels.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,175
Just got this in the mail today. This is the only one I've ever seen, not sure what gen amps this goes with. LXR's or LZ's? This thing is huge, it's a lot bigger than it looks in pics. It's about 12"L x 6"W. The knobs are the size of nickels.

Where on Gods great earth did you find that majestic piece? I have to see that in person sometime.

Judging by the model number, I'm going to say it's from the time frame of the LZ amps. I'll look it up tomorrow (well, later today). Don't ever get rid of it, if you choose to, give me a call.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got it off eBay, it wasn't listed the best. There was only one other bid on it other than mine and I won it for $42.00 shipped. I knew it was something rare but not quite what I had. The LZ Series makes sense considering the model number on it. I was shocked at how big it is when I got it. In the ebay pics I figured it was only 6"-7" long. I've only hooked it to power and it comes on. Hopefully I'll have time to hook it up and play around with it next weekend.

Green, you can count on me getting hold of you if I ever decide to let it go!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all Lanzar lovers, I'm new here and from the Netherlands Europe so don't mind my bad English please and hope I placed this right.

Recently I got an oldschool set including the Lanzar LP12 - 4 ohm subwoofer unfortunatly no Lanzar amp but the Hifonics Hercules III, who knows in the future ;)

Now I really like to make this sub to work properly in a bandpass enclosure but there are no specs to find on google what so ever. Also mine looks different then others.

Unfortunately I can't place my pictures right now, with 5 messages I can :eek:
The main difference is there are no gold connectors, just normal clips.

If anyone please can give me some more info like how many RMS and max. Watts this sub can take and more important, what should be the right measurements for a bandpass enclosure in the back of a small hatchback car.

Would be very very happy with any info, thank You.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,178
An LP sub is an LP sub, but... let's try to verify if in fact that's exactly what you have. Does it have an orangeish red surround or black.
What does the logo look like?
LANZAR in white and a red and blue stripe under the name,
LANZAR in the same R/B/W but with a little fire/flame logo as well?

You stated push terminals over spring terminals. My educated guess is LANZAR in white, red/blue stripes under that and no flame logo. To me it's the first run LP. They used spade terminals on the first runs.

The 12 has a Sens of 98bD 1w/1m, 350 wrms handling power. As for a BP box, 4th order or 6th order? Go to www.teamlinear.com and download winISD. The LP12-4 is in it's database. Go from there for your box dimensions. Any further Q's just ask. I'll do my best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply,

- there is no orange or red surround it is black
there are no flames

- the name is in red,
with red-white-blue lines
American Crafted Performence in blue under it

- on the back there is Lanzar Pro Plus Series and Kevlar Cone

- on the side is LP 12 4ohms - Serial #L 101870

- spade terminals was the word i'm looking for, that is correct

So I got the feeling we are getting pretty much to what this is, and 98db sounds Pro to me.
Guess I can use a bigger amp in the future, my monoblock is 200w but it's a start.

Will look into WinISD and again thank you very much!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,180
Thank you for the quick reply,

- there is no orange or red surround it is black
there are no flames

- the name is in red,
with red-white-blue lines
American Crafted Performence in blue under it

- on the back there is Lanzar Pro Plus Series and Kevlar Cone

- on the side is LP 12 4ohms - Serial #L 101870

- spade terminals was the word i'm looking for, that is correct

So I got the feeling we are getting pretty much to what this is, and 98db sounds Pro to me.
Guess I can use a bigger amp in the future, my monoblock is 200w but it's a start.

Will look into WinISD and again thank you very much!
This is what I came up with for bandpass boxes. The terquoise is what WinISD recommends. The pink is close to what my taste are and the yellow is a 6th order modified by me.

I just built my first ever 4th order box so please take that into account with what I'm about to type.

I was instructed to do a 2:1 ration (ported:sealed) for the current box I just did. It's a lowend monster, but is weak in the "kick" spectrum. I'm still learning on bandpass boxes, but as of right now I'd prefer a good ported box.

I'm at a loss at what to so and what should I say.

Attachments

1161 - 1180 of 1206 Posts