Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**OLD SCHOOL** - RARE - Orion NT/XTR100, NT/XTR200 and NT200 FOR SALE

PLEASE, DO NOT CONFUSE THESE AMPS WITH THE NEW XTR SERIES, AS THESE ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT AMPLIFIERS... and frankly, EXPONENTIALLY BETTER.

Ok. So... after much thumb twiddling, i decided on selling the following amps:

Here are a matching pair of XTR dual mono-block amplifiers. They are exactly the same (as you will see in the pictures) as the NT series amplifiers, aside from the red marbling instead of purple marbling in color.

If you don't know what these amplifiers are, then you should take some time and go read the manuals on Orion's website. Link to manual http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Support/Manuals/Amplifiers/XTR%20Series/Orion%20XTR200%20Installation%20Manual.pdf

But here are the specs for those that are cliff-notes kind of people:

XTR/NT100
Power: 50W x 2ch @ 4ohm on 12V battery [rated]
100W x 2ch @ 2ohm on 12V battery [rated]
200W x 1ch @ 4ohm on 12V battery [rated]
400W x 1ch @ 2ohm on 12V battery [rated]
800W x 1ch @ 1/2ohm on 12V battery [rated]
THD: 0.005%
Slew Rate: >500 Volts per microseccond
Output Damping: >1000
S/N w/balanced input: 112dB
Power Bandwidth: 6Hz to 1000kHz +/- 5dB
Idle Current: 1A
Full Power: 28A @ 13.6V

XTR/NT200
Power: 100W x 2ch @ 4ohm on 12V battery [rated]
200W x 2ch @ 2ohm on 12V battery [rated]
400W x 1ch @ 4ohm on 12V battery [rated]
726W x 1ch @ 1.15ohm on 12.5V battery [measured]
983W x 1ch @ 1.15ohm on 14.4V battery [measured]
THD: 0.005%
Slew Rate: >500 Volts per microseccond
Output Damping: >1000
S/N w/balanced input: 112dB
Power Bandwidth: 6Hz to 1000kHz +/- 5dB
Idle Current: 1A
Full Power: 28A @ 13.6V

PRICES: Obviously, I will entertain REASONABLE offers, low-balls will be... not
XTR100 - $750
XTR200 - $750
NT200 - $600

Flash shows dust that isn't even viable to the human eye, I don't know why it still shows up.

NT200 with scratch in top/center of heatsink :( but it still plays like a monster on steroids :)

By the way, I am not going back and putting a stupid piece of paper with my name on it, if you don't believe i own these amps... I really don't care, because I do (I own 9 of them to be clear). I just forgot to make a magic piece of paper with my name on it for before I took the pictures, ooops, and oh well. :p: If you'd like to check on my history PM me and i will give you credentials and referrals, I'm assuming that I've been on here long enough, and made enough purchases to be taken seriously and not be low-balled and treated as a newb.

thanks for looking.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
um..I dont believe you....

just kidding...sweet ass amps there...!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HA, i knew i'd get some flack for that one. I just never understood how the "magic" piece of paper could protect you. I'm more along the lines of, just practice honest business... what a revolutionary concept?!

thanks btw, they are sweet amps. I just have a few too many. lol

·
Human (not a robot)
2,451 Posts
These are an Orion fans wet dream. The only thing I drooled over harder (in car audio) was the gold plated GT series.

How did the NT get that scratch? Do you know?

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
I hope Erik doesn't mind me adding to this thread, but I have the proper NT BIQ EQ/Balanced line driver and the NT BIX crossovers for these amps if anyone needs them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI i will happily honor the price i listed on here for DIYMA members, which is obviously less than what is on ebay

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Hmm... small world, I used to live in North Tonawanda..

I actually worked at the Speaker Shop back when they still did car audio... been a few years to say the least.. lol.. Worked at lifetime service as well...

Are there even any decent audio shops around that area anymore?

Sorry for the mini-hijack... i've been missin Buff something fierce..

·
Registered
253 Posts
There are not many car audio places left. There is still Custom Radio, Darryl's Car Audio and Custom Workz and thats about it. Places like Harrolds where I used to get my good HiFonics stuff are long gone.

Free bump for the Nice N/Ts as well. :D

Someone must want these babies!!!

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
There are not many car audio places left. There is still Custom Radio, Darryl's Car Audio and Custom Workz and thats about it. Places like Harrolds where I used to get my good HiFonics stuff are long gone.

Free bump for the Nice N/Ts as well. :D

Someone must want these babies!!!
Ahh, your from the Buff area too.... So, Custom is still going, after all this time.. lol.. thought they'd be a less than fond memory by now..

Anyhow, thanks for bringin up some old memories...

FREE BUMP...

Great gear, with I was in the market..

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to correct the original specs listed above. I have personally tested a NT200 and it did around 530W at 2 ohms bridged before blowing an internal fuse. These are NOT stable at 1ohm bridged and do NOT put out 983w! The NT/XTR 200's are only rated for 2 ohm loads from Orion at 100x2 or 200x2 or 400x1. Just trying to keep the Internet Myths in check!! These are overbuilt SQ amps, no doubt about that.

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to correct the original specs listed above. I have personally tested a NT200 and it did around 530W at 2 ohms bridged before blowing an internal fuse. These are NOT stable at 1ohm bridged and do NOT put out 983w! The NT/XTR 200's are only rated for 2 ohm loads from Orion at 100x2 or 200x2 or 400x1. Just trying to keep the Internet Myths in check!! These are overbuilt SQ amps, no doubt about that.
This guy {erikoutdoorguy} owes me a NT200 ( with some issues ) , when I travel to NY dude better hope I don't find him... :laugh:

Avoid this guy...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.