DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this little 914 for a few years and decided to redo the install (Again!) So the kit list is now as follows -

Mcintosh MX5000 & MPM4000 meters

USD Audio processors - 6 channel active rack mount processor & 30 band EQ's

2 x Soundstream Class A Picassos, each running bridged, so 2 channels instead of four, one for each side

Soundstream Class A 10.2 running Velodyne DF-10sc upfront in footwell.

KEF Q300 (home) drivers in kicks.

3 x Odyssey PC680 batteries and a DD10 controlling it all :sunny:

Lots to do..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Speakers next...

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Man, I love a 914. I don't love working on a 914 engine, but love the car! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Very cool car! I had one a while back. Not sure if I would have added three battery's specially that high up but cool build.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice to see a Rubicon install with spoilers...clean look.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
wow dude! awesome attention to detail!

it looks like you are doing it right the first time (well, this time lol)

i love how you put the 31 band EQ's and the crossover as an arm rest. very cool!

go volkswagen! (lol, well now porsche is vw hehe!)

·
Registered
889 Posts
YES! YES! YES!!

Awesome... everything from the wicked equipment to the choice of cars is grabbing my attention and then some...

Question, what is the material you are using to build the shelving/racks with?

·
Registered
306 Posts
just amazing, I love it

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YES! YES! YES!!

Awesome... everything from the wicked equipment to the choice of cars is grabbing my attention and then some...

Question, what is the material you are using to build the shelving/racks with?
Hi guys and thankyou for the encouragement :)

The amp build is a mix of MDF and Birch, the finish is a stone fleck paint, which was used extensively in the 1990's - I reckon it suits the car/install. The whole boot is going to be covered in a black vinyl covered panel with glass windows, so on opening the boot it's a bit more stealth (and acceptable at Porsche meets!!!!)

EDIT - Yes Mr Audiophile, thats the stuff.. Made here by Plasticote.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Awesome build here! So are you running ID horns with the kef drivers as midbass?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome build here! So are you running ID horns with the kef drivers as midbass?
No, sorry Horns and midbass in teh doors was the last install, Now I'm just using teh kicks running the KEFs with the Velodyne sub. Simple.

After one disaster trying to cover the kick builds - My glue had gone gloopy as I had it stored too long so it didn't stick properly and just peeled off in strips as I was trying to manipulate the vinyl.. (Thanks to AS trim for some more vinyl and glue!) And I managed to get it done this evening, deadened the inside of the build with 4mm deadening and then painted in glue and got stuck in... Was a bit worried as this is teh most complicated shape I have trimmed yet, but turned out well

Driver and trim ring in place.

And with grill fitted.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i love the mix of oldschool install style with the classic rane and mac deck. you just need an apogee da1000 to make me feel ancient ,lol

1 - 20 of 52 Posts