DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

281 - 300 of 10706 Posts

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
VSE Quantum FTW!!!! I've got about three of those and two or three Derringer II's... those are from a day when car security was serious.

I really wish they hadn't gone out of business!!

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Just picked this up today, i dont think you really can get anything in better condition. Let the oldschool amp collection begin!

The only way for it to be in better condition is... Yep, new in the box with the factory tape uncut.

I'm a soundstream Addict lately. You can see (2) MC300's there, an MC140, MC245, ClassA100II, (2) D100II, (2) Ref1000s, Ref500sx, (4) Ref300 and (2) Ref200. :)

That's just the Soundstreams. I'll pull out the Zed's next.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The only way for it to be in better condition is... Yep, new in the box with the factory tape uncut.
I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I pulled out some Harrisons that have been taped up new in the box for about 12 years. I opened them, and all the chrome was starting to peel. Better off to check what is inside and make sure moisture hasn't gotten to them, or ???

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I pulled out some Harrisons that have been taped up new in the box for about 12 years. I opened them, and all the chrome was starting to peel. Better off to check what is inside and make sure moisture hasn't gotten to them, or ???
Notice the other one is opened next to it? Still mint.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Notice the other one is opened next to it? Still mint.
Just a suggestion...
When I opened up the Harrisons, there were 3 mint, one slightly peeled chrome, and one was really peeled. I am guessing the one on with the really peeled chrome somehow got moisture to it. But all 5 were sealed, new in box... Boxes showed no signs of any problems. Unsure if it was moisture, or what happened. Could have just been a bad chrome job from the factory.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ssssshhhhhhh im waiting for the soundstream junkies to reveal the answer on this one...did it come like this or was it done.....hahahah....well i bought it like this...Truth be told.... now do you have one of these in the box sealed?...:mad: y or no....hahah....peace...

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Whos got these in a box,sealed?.......
I love the paint on that SS... did it come that way?
ssssshhhhhhh im waiting for the soundstream junkies to reveal the answer on this one...did it come like this or was it done.....hahahah....well i bought it like this...Truth be told.... now do you have one of these in the box sealed?...:mad: y or no....hahah....peace...
I'd say it was painted. If it was original, it would have the soundstream writing on it, no? Cool paint job though... You should be able to tell by removing the bottom plate, unless they took the time to paint the inside too....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are we civilized now/? Good.... Yes i believe it was painted....missing a screw on each side... very smooth though...from a distance it looks all scratched up from the top..Im not going to bother opening it but you right....i believe it would say mc 300 soundstream blah blah

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Are we civilized now/? Good.... Yes i believe it was painted....missing a screw on each side... very smooth though...from a distance it looks all scratched up from the top..Im not going to bother opening it but you right....i believe it would say mc 300 soundstream blah blah
Eh... civilized? :D

heheheh.....

·
Registered
464 Posts
I found more pictures of some of my old car equipment, this was 10 years ago 1997-1998

Splash Neon 604 amp, I don't even know if they were good or not, but they sounded VERY GOOD

My first in dash monitor, this was when 5.6" LCD monitors cost more than $500 10 years ago, bought this one on parts express. This was connected to a house DVD with a DC/AC converter, Also shown is a Pioneer Head Unit when they came out with OEL display.

OLD uggly Sony HU and the Simpsons playing from a 12v VCR.

Not that old US Acoustics amps bought them in I guess it was 2002-03, these are the only ones that I still have. For Sale too hehe

·
Registered
367 Posts
These are a little hard to find new anymore. Would like more. Maybe someone on here will know of a stash in Germany (like the LP stash found recently).

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
Nope. SSs only ever came in blue/teal-ish colors depending on the generation and line.
That's what I thought. Of course I had never seen those Charles Weiland Orions before either... so I second guessed myself.

That SS looks really good... makes me want to custom paint something!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
You never know, i may be willing to trade that shirt for the right amps... ;)

281 - 300 of 10706 Posts