DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 10706 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just picked this up from a guy on Craigslist...... now, who can tell me about it, specifically, there are 4 wires, 1 black, 1 red, and 2 blue with white stripe. I get red=power Black=ground and one of the blue with white=remote, but what about the other? one of them was labeled 0.5A max.... anyone have a link to a manual maybe? (I haven't googled yet, but I will as soon as I finish posting)

Of course the guy had no clue about the unit itself, he also has a Denon DCA-800 I may pick up later, he's gonna get me some pictures and hopefully a good price.
What is the model # on the processor? I see 920eq on the controller, but is it the same on the processor itself? I may be able to find you the manual, but I'm not finding anything on just the 920eq-- a lot of the clarion processors that could be controlled by a HU had a different model # then their controllers...

Anyhow, the two remotes, one is in, one is out. IIRC, the remote out is delayed a little bit to minimize the possibility of turn on/off thump. A lot of their processors were like this.

Later,
Jason

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
What is the model # on the processor? I see 920eq on the controller, but is it the same on the processor itself? I may be able to find you the manual, but I'm not finding anything on just the 920eq-- a lot of the clarion processors that could be controlled by a HU had a different model # then their controllers...

Anyhow, the two remotes, one is in, one is out. IIRC, the remote out is delayed a little bit to minimize the possibility of turn on/off thump. A lot of their processors were like this.

Later,
Jason
The brain has the same model number on the label.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok that worked. Here is an LA Sound Xover. I found 2 of these last week at a local Electronics shop that sold car audio YEARS ago. They both are BNIB still in the plastic wrap with all the papers. I know its LA Sound, but it was cool to see them never touched and I got a good deal on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ok that worked. Here is an LA Sound Xover. I found 2 of these last week at a local Electronics shop that sold car audio YEARS ago. They both are BNIB still in the plastic wrap with all the papers. I know its LA Sound, but it was cool to see them never touched and I got a good deal on them.
Loved the LA sound stuff.
Not the greatest yet none the less still worth posting.
I had a bunch brand new amps and stupid me sold them for a quick buck. :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Back in the late 80's / early 90's I installed alot of LA Sound, Targa, and Sherwood. Some of it was not all THAT bad. I remember being at a show in Columbus and one of the local dealers had done a complete targa show system. It really did sound quite good for what it was.

I sold on the side and had managed to get an account at The Wholesale House. Ahhhh good times...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here's a mint Polk C4 sub box I have. 4 6x9's iso-ported. Not bad for the size.
Hopefully the pic shows up, Not sure how to post pics.
After that came out, I did a box with four 6.5" iso-ported. It sounded good for what I had in it and everybody guessed that I had some 10's in the trunk! :D

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Ahhhh....the "Wholesale House". They supplied many local fly-by-night shops that couldn't get the major brands because territory rights and large initial order costs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ahhhh....the "Wholesale House". They supplied many local fly-by-night shops that couldn't get the major brands because territory rights and large initial order costs.
They supplied alot more than just the 'fly by night shops'. Pretty much everyone around here bought from them in some form or another.

At the time, I was more than just a 'fly by night shop'. Although I was working out of my garage on the side and going to college, I was Zapco's only Ohio dealer (They said they'd sell to me until a storefront wanted to pick up the line). As I look back on those days, it really is amazing what good word of mouth can do for a business.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The brain has the same model number on the label.
Sorry, I can't help you out then. I can't find it listed. Somehow a long time ago I managed to get allowed access to clarions dealer site with all their manuals and service bulletins. I have found manual on there for clarion gear I have had that was made back in the mid nineties, and the available material seems quite comprehensive, but I couldn't find 920EQ listed-- I actually couldn't find much of anything about it via google too. I wonder if it is pretty rare? IDK, but I tried for ya. Sorry!

On second thought, I have a lot of the old school clarion catalogs around somewhere too. It might not be much, but if you can give me an approximate year, I can see if I can ind it listed in those?

Later,
Jason

·
Registered
534 Posts
Here's a mint Polk C4 sub box I have. 4 6x9's iso-ported. Not bad for the size.
Hopefully the pic shows up, Not sure how to post pics.
That's cool. Would be neat to see the inside of that. I liked the Rockford "Box That Rocks" series too. They made a neat Camaro box with 2 8's in it that was a sealed bandpass I think and a more rectangular box with either one or two 8's in a ported bandpass if I recall right. Been a while lol

LA Sound wasn't too bad as mentioned. I ran a 2-way xover for a while in the early 90s and it was fine. No noise or anything.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well i didnt see one of these. my crunch cr600. i also have a 150, 100, 450, and 2 crunch pro 15's still in the box.

but i already regret selling these a few months back

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

Later,
Jason
It IS the 920EQ from Clarion back in '92-94. They aren't super rare, but not so easy to find anymore. I'm a Clarion freak, esp from that era in time. I just managed to get my hands on a NIB Clarion ADCS-1 system that I will post pics of this weekend. The next thing on my list IS the Clarion 920EQ. I have some $$ to spend on it, though not much- but enough to meet it's current value, if you'd like to sell it. That would go good with my Clarion 7770 HU of the same year.

I have this thing where I NEED to have both the HU and the processor for it. Thus far I have:
Clarion ADCS-1 which is a complete system all in itself
Clarion DRX9375r w/the DPH9300
Clarion 7770 looking for the 920EQ to mate it with.

SO what do ya say, wanna sell me that 920EQ?

If they have any left, parts/manuals and the like can be bought here> Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc.

Here's the link to the 920EQ

http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?model_id=920EQ&mfg=CLARION&back=0&action=list_part&CFID=5334788&CFTOKEN=51543738

3001 - 3020 of 10706 Posts