DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

301 - 320 of 10706 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Distribution of Zapco in Germany started in the early 90s, I have never seen these old ones here.
Here are some more. Some are older. The 150H and 150L are from the 70's and early 80's. The 151 and 151A's are from the mid 80's to about 1989. Since these pics were taken, I have added a 8 or 9 more to my collection. Will update pics soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bought this stuff in the early nineties and have never installed it ... all brand new and in mint condition.
MB Quart component set and competition series crossovers:

Cerwin Vega 15"s

Alpine 7915E:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Took some pictures today. Here is a pic of the current Zapcos that I have. Still can't find 2 of them. Plus some pics of the M&M speakers. All are new, except for one of the 15's. Have some more 15's. Currently looking for M&M tweeters, 6x9 and 8" clear subs. Just in case anyone here has some stashed away somewhere.

·
Registered
597 Posts
That 7915 is beautiful. I wish Alpine would go back to that styling.

·
Human (not a robot)
2,380 Posts
Here goes some of mine (sorry if the pics don't show up it's Webshots)

Subs circa '95 or '96 PPI amp PC275 bought in '98 (about to be installed in my new car) Alpine MRV T-757 bought in '00 also to be installed in new car.

My 225 HCCA (I loved that amp) :( "friend" took it to "sell" never saw amp or money again. :( same subs as above pic.

My first shot at kickpanels. CV 4x6 plates mounted on a board and didn't sound all that bad. Also see the DDDrive Alpine 6.5's in the doors? No one seems to remember those. they had really small magnets (neodymium maybe?) The cone got ripped and i upgraded to Diamond Audio M5's

·
Registered
367 Posts
I wouldn't say that...
I have a few sets of those Alpines. Don't know that much about them. Are they decent sounding? Thought about putting them in my car, but haven't researched or tried them to find out if they were decent or just ok. Very light weight for speakers though. Very small magnets on the mids. Neo maybe?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have a few sets of those Alpines. Don't know that much about them. Are they decent sounding? Thought about putting them in my car, but haven't researched or tried them to find out if they were decent or just ok. Very light weight for speakers though. Very small magnets on the mids. Neo maybe?
Yes, they were neo. Very good speakers for the day. They were the previous iteration of the F#1 Status line. The DDDrive subwoofer is legendary as was its cost. Alpine supposedly lost money on every one it sold. Give them a listen, they are very nice.

·
Human (not a robot)
2,380 Posts
My DDDrive components were the "budget" version of the technology. I was never really satisfied with their midbass response (I had a crap install too so I'm not blaming the speaker) No deadener, holes in the panel, door panels not sealed up properly, rookie stuff. I liked that they matched the truck. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bought this stuff in the early nineties and have never installed it ... all brand new and in mint condition.
MB Quart component set and competition series crossovers:

Cerwin Vega 15"s

Alpine 7915E:

A guy on the sale room is looking for q series quarts.in new condition...If you are looking to get rid of those...... Peace.. Had some in my 500e with par225 in driver door panel ...powered by ppi 480 and then zapco 2.0.... c2k

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the heads up nakamichidenon, but I may still use them yet ... I'm just tossing up whether I'm brave enough to try these babies out (hand laid fiberglass horns on Eminence drivers). They're enormous though!

T

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thats not a mini disk player....its a D igital A udio T ape player......rare...... Alpine ,KENWOOD, BLAU,made them also..I had a hot :eek: alpine go thru my hands...ended up giving it away since no one knew wtf it was...hahahaha Those are real rare....who has the dat players..... berlin....tape deck....... pullem out......

301 - 320 of 10706 Posts