DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 10706 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
OMG!! How much for the linear Power??
Awe man, I just got it two weeks ago. I hooked it up at home last night when I tested an a/d/s PQ10 that I'm selling. The a/d/s is a great amp, but I could swear that I heard a lot more detail from the LP. I have no use for it in my car, but I was thinking of hooking up some computer speakers to it. I might sell it if I saw another amp I wanted and needed funds.

Count them. There are 8 TO-3s in this tiny little amp. 8!!!

Looks are fresh as it did 25 years ago when it left the factory.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My old processor (no longer being used though):

Fosgate Symmetry EPX2

My subwoofer amp (this puppy is going STRONG):

Earthquake 40-UHC Gold

And my deck/processor control center, all old school RF:

RFX-8250

And something I have laying around the house:

RF Power 1000 Mosfet

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Looks a lot like my 1002 inside
That's weird. Is yours modified? The only 1002 I've seen has the same plug connectors as my 901. Your power wires are straight to the board and you have independent speaker terminals.

·
2,516 Posts
That's weird. Is yours modified? The only 1002 I've seen has the same plug connectors as my 901. Your power wires are straight to the board and you have independent speaker terminals.
It was like that when i bought it. I'm guessing that whoever had it before me lost the plugs and decided it would be easier to just change the connections than trying to find new plugs.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
man, eclipse is dumb. Look at those three cd players, they look awesome, but they ruined them by not including rotary volume. Plenty of space for it, too.

Look at the alpine tape deck. gorgeous. All eclipse needed to do was copy the left-hand inch of the alpine unit on theirs.

Beautiful.

What sony CD player is that up there?

·
Registered
891 Posts
How about my new 25 year old LP? It's new to me anyway. If you don't think it's old, check out the font in the Monster Cable stuffer--pure 80's!

This is still my favorite though:

Finally, my enclosure for my old school A/D/S 310rs.2. Took me about 80 hours to make. If you ever see it, it is VERY stolen.

Mooble... you made my day! A Linear Power 901. :)

Like Chad, this thread makes me feel old... I had a 901 when it was NEW school. It was a great amp and yours looks to be mint. Had my 901 paired with an A/D/S Power Plate. The 901 was running some Altec Lansing :eek: mids and tweets in the front doors while the Power Plate was powering a pair of A/D/S 300i's in the rear deck.

Check it out... HU was a Craig cassette with Dolby B and C and a separate 5 band eq that had "Digital Delay" and an "Ambience Expander"... a slider that added some reverb... a touch of it was kinda cool, really.

About 27 years ago installed in my new 1981 Honda Civic 4-door.

Nice Klein, btw... there are pics of my Landshark floating around here somewhere.

Thanks, man. :)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts

the fosgates(160.4 and 50.2) are as old as my collection gets.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well, since you have asked twice:
I do it because it is a pain in the ass to cut the photo links out of the quotes. Do you have a slow connection?
No, I'm on our university's T1 but I'm tired of having to scroll down through 10 pictures over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over again

·
Registered
250 Posts
No, I'm on our university's T1 but I'm tired of having to scroll down through 10 pictures over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over again
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Awe man, I just got it two weeks ago. I hooked it up at home last night when I tested an a/d/s PQ10 that I'm selling. The a/d/s is a great amp, but I could swear that I heard a lot more detail from the LP. I have no use for it in my car, but I was thinking of hooking up some computer speakers to it. I might sell it if I saw another amp I wanted and needed funds.

Count them. There are 8 TO-3s in this tiny little amp. 8!!!

Looks are fresh as it did 25 years ago when it left the factory.

I've got a few really nice amps. PPI promos, M and AM's (have Art series, still undecided on selling trading), 1 Soundstream Reference 405, Nak and Eclipse HU's, PPI XO's, MMATS Pro Audio Comps, subs etc. I could make it worth your while. Cash/Trade type deal if you're interested.. Lemme know!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Maybe you could include a picture...? :p

21 - 40 of 10706 Posts