DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

401 - 420 of 10706 Posts

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Damn! That thing is probably all toobz too! I wonder what the output on that is. probably 5w.
Old school, true Class A:p

·
Registered
224 Posts
My stuff isn't all that cool, but it is definitely old

PPI Art 300.2's for my pending install with the Quart mid and tweets (one pair only of course) active with the eventual addiion of a real midbass driver up front.

Quart QM130 mids, QM19HX tweets (the big ones) and unknown small tweets.

Infinity Kappa CS4II mids and Polycell II tweets.

Sony Mobile ES cassette HU w/joystick and wireles remote with two 10 disc changers in storage so no pics on those.

I will upgrade the drivers eventually, but I doubt I will ever sell the PPI's, probably by a xxx.4 when I go to 4-way active.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
My stuff isn't all that cool, but it is definitely old

PPI Art 300.2's for my pending install with the Quart mid and tweets (one pair only of course) active with the eventual addiion of a real midbass driver up front.

Quart QM130 mids, QM19HX tweets (the big ones) and unknown small tweets.

Infinity Kappa CS4II mids and Polycell II tweets.

Sony Mobile ES cassette HU w/joystick and wireles remote with two 10 disc changers in storage so no pics on those.

I will upgrade the drivers eventually, but I doubt I will ever sell the PPI's, probably by a xxx.4 when I go to 4-way active.
The QM19HX tweets...were did they fall in the range of MB Quart's gear?

I have a pair of these. I'm wondering what I should do with them.

Ed

·
Registered
224 Posts
My recollection is that the QM19HX was the top tweeter but that was 1992.

Many people hate them, I happen to like them but they need to be off axis and properly adjusted.

I would love if someone could fill me in on the smaller (and newer) Quart tweets. I don't know their age and they have no model numbers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I want these LOL. I traded away (2)2150x a 275x and a 1500dx and I want them back
I hear ya!

I'm really partial to this series of MTX amps... I love the looks (simple) and they have performed really well for me.
I'd love to get my hands on a 4200x or 4300x (especially if they were in mint condition!) but for now, any further additions to the collection are on hold. :(

Sorry to say, I'm not looking to part with any of them.

Cheers!

·
Registered
436 Posts
My recollection is that the QM19HX was the top tweeter but that was 1992.

Many people hate them, I happen to like them but they need to be off axis and properly adjusted.

I would love if someone could fill me in on the smaller (and newer) Quart tweets. I don't know their age and they have no model numbers.
What numbers are on the back? I have about four different sets of Quart tweeters, maybe I can match them up. Three are from the 90s.

Ed

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
My master plan is complete... I hope....

Both LP100's modded... All are about to receive new gold terminals like the DPS..

All will be color matched to the car.. so nicks and skuffs don't matter...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I was going through some pictures on my computer and I found this.

Not every day you find an amp you could almost shave with. :D That was taken with my old sony k790a cell. Not too bad for 3.2MP on a cell.

·
Registered
224 Posts
What numbers are on the back? I have about four different sets of Quart tweeters, maybe I can match them up. Three are from the 90s.

Ed

I will have them out this weekend and look for numbers.

Thanks for the offer.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts

I've seen pics like this of Art Series. Who else has one of Zed amps? ESX and ZED series in particular?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I'm new and just wanted to say that this has to be one of the absolute best threads on old school stuff I have ever found! Loved those install pics...took me back to the 80's and early 90's when I used to compete. My first system was 4x10" Kicker Free-airs in a '79 Trans Am, 2 Power Plates (1 in each door) with a tweet up high behind the "screamin' chicken" emblem near the door latch. All powered by 2 Rockford Punch 45's.

Current collection...

Orion Concept 97.1 (looking for a manual for it)
2 Orion HCCA 250r's
2 MTX Terminator MTA-250's (red)
2 MTX Terminator MTA-225's (red)
PPI 2150M
PPI 2050M
Special Edition 250 (made by PPI...looking for others)
Sherwood AX-6275 (for sale)
Rockford Fosgate Punch 30
Crossfire CFA-302
2 Crossfire CFA-202's
Profile Baja 440

Looking for any old PPI Pro Mos amps(not Pro Art) in BLACK.

401 - 420 of 10706 Posts