DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

5001 - 5020 of 10706 Posts

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
edited content for fishing.
Welcome to the forum. It would help to see pictures and references if you have any. It's not every day you see brand new 250 HCCA's and/or 12" NT subs. There is no "blue book" pricing guide for any of this gear...it all depends on how much somebody wants what you have to sell. eBay will bring top dollar, but many people are having problems with winning bidders not paying.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Pretty cool vid...gotta love the SS SPL160's also! Too bad the quality isn't better. I looked on iTunes for this video and couldn't find it. I'd like to find a HQ version of the vid if anyone can help.
I'm trying to chase down a HQ copy, I've attached some info from wikipedia on the clip,Totally Addicted To Bass. Those SS SPL160's sure are classy!

Australian video

The original 1998 music video featured Amiel at GL Pro Sound, a high-end car audio store in Essendon, Victoria, sitting in a car, with installers working on a Holden VR Commodore and a Ford EF-EL Falcon, installing various audio equipment. The Soundstream SPL series woofers were often shown operating on the heavy bassline of the song. Rockford Fosgate amplifiers, Image Dynamics speakers, JL Audio woofers, and Alpine head units were also featured. Josh Abrahams is shown performing on the decks on the screen of the Alpine headunit.

Holden Commodore = chevy pontiac G8/lumina pontiac.

·
Registered
516 Posts

Only 2 windows in the christmas calendar this year, and I opened both of them early :D

Got a package today with another Sony XM2000R (I had one from before) and a PPI PC6600, looking all tiny in the back :)

·
Registered
115 Posts

Only 2 windows in the christmas calendar this year, and I opened both of them early :D

Got a package today with another Sony XM2000R (I had one from before) and a PPI PC6600, looking all tiny in the back :)
Du er gal Håkon:D

Feel is the are christams every day..:p

·
Registered
102 Posts
(Just a few) JL 18w6, plus 3 U.S. Amps VLX-200
Used to have a JL 18w6, wasnt too impressed with it but i believe my install didnt do it justice. It was my first time using the factory HU for a source. I used a Audio Control HPX-1 and i dont think i ever got that working right, the JL didnt have as much output as i hoped:rolleyes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, is EU version of Z50.. I also have Sony XT-100DAB too!
Have second Z50 too, but this headunit are in US version.

The XES system was my first, i Sold it in 2008 I think was and hate it to do that - but I had a good contact with the "new" owner that time and now buy it back:)
After my friend never came to used it!

All grear is almost "brand new", I used it only top 6-7months that time!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Used to have a JL 18w6, wasnt too impressed with it but i believe my install didnt do it justice. It was my first time using the factory HU for a source. I used a Audio Control HPX-1 and i dont think i ever got that working right, the JL didnt have as much output as i hoped:rolleyes:
You were supposed to install 3 of them and give them 250 watts per voice coil :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are you seriously trying to make an argument that the amplifiers, speakers, and head units used in these pics are not OS?
Whether a Linear Power amp is laying on a table, or installed in a 1988 S-10 is irrelevant.
Lately it looks like the same 10 are posting and with the thread over 200 pages it may be a little overwhelming for new people to get involved. Adding OS install pics is going to blow it up even more.

I enjoy the install pics, more so when they're from personal experience and have a good story with them. I dig seeing the names of people that I knew or heard of back when I got started.

On the other side, The original concept of the thread started out as "show us what you got", not "show us what you done". I like coming in to this thread to see what kind of stuff people have on the dusty shelf, or what kills they may have made at the local "Three-Gold-Ball outlet mall".

I see both sides of it, but for clarity and simplicity I think it would be best to start an OS Install thread and move those pics over there. I think it will bring some new blood to both threads.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
I see both sides of it, but for clarity and simplicity I think it would be best to start an OS Install thread and move those pics over there. I think it will bring some new blood to both threads.
Well since your reponse quotes mine, I think that if you would like a new, more specific thread, then please by all means start one.
By being the OP, you can direct the thread as it goes along.
Once you have it in place, then post a link in this thread and then take it from there.
Please pm me with any questions you might have and I'll help you along the way. ;)

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

5001 - 5020 of 10706 Posts