DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 10705 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Mooble... you made my day! A Linear Power 901. :)

Like Chad, this thread makes me feel old... I had a 901 when it was NEW school. It was a great amp and yours looks to be mint. Had my 901 paired with an A/D/S Power Plate. The 901 was running some Altec Lansing :eek: mids and tweets in the front doors while the Power Plate was powering a pair of A/D/S 300i's in the rear deck.

Check it out... HU was a Craig cassette with Dolby B and C and a separate 5 band eq that had "Digital Delay" and an "Ambience Expander"... a slider that added some reverb... a touch of it was kinda cool, really.

About 27 years ago installed in my new 1981 Honda Civic 4-door.

Nice Klein, btw... there are pics of my Landshark floating around here somewhere.

Thanks, man. :)
Yeah, I jumped on it when I saw the 901 for sale. It's as mint as I've ever seen an old amp. I can't tell that it's ever been used. My first HU was a crappy old Jet Sound Electronics running through a small Sony amp and only rear Alpine 6x9s. It was all installed in my '76 280z 2+2. I miss that car. :(

Good catch on the Klein. It's astounding better than my old Montagner, but I still keep the Montagner for sentimental reasons. You don't see too many handmade Italian bikes anymore.

Really off topic old school bikeage pic. Damn I need to clean out my junk room!

·
Registered
204 Posts
My current system (see sig). More than 10 years and still blasting tunes! :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
1984 jmc darrell young!
not car audio but old school and super cool...

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Here's my old skool addition....I have some smaller streams packed away somewhere but it'd take a while to find 'em for pics so this will have to do.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well i've got a Rockford Fosgate Power 50m. Not sure if that counts. But I took it off some kids hands for 20 bucks. I dont know much about it myself. Dont know what kind of drivers its capable of pushing. I've never been a big fan of old school stuff as i'm too young to appreciate it. But wow thats a whole lot of amps. Do they all sit in your closet for show?

41 - 60 of 10705 Posts