DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
10761 - 10780 of 10850 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Just bought this 😁.

View attachment 283128

Got it as a bit of nostalgia as the first amp I ever owned was a Punch 45 in about 1988.

In 1988 I used it bridged mono onto a pair of 15’s! I’m gonna use this one bridged onto a 3” midrange center channel speaker - basically just an excuse to use it for something.
Had two of these in my very first system back in 1988. Think I paid around $269 each for them! That was a lot of money back then. Took out my first bank loan to establish credit and ...of course, get into the car audio game.
I need to check this forum more often. Lots of cool gear still being posted. Was active here many years ago but, mostly stick to the FB Groups these days.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
My 5331 and 2 - 5302's. I will post photos of my 414 when I get it.

Man I spent a ton of money on an eclipse head unit back when I was in high school.. If i recall correctly they were the only head unit at that time to feature a 0.0 low level THD rating.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
man, eclipse is dumb. Look at those three cd players, they look awesome, but they ruined them by not including rotary volume. Plenty of space for it, too.

Look at the alpine tape deck. gorgeous. All eclipse needed to do was copy the left-hand inch of the alpine unit on theirs.

Beautiful.

What sony CD player is that up there?

It's was the inside of the eclipse head units that made it special and pricey, not the outside.

·
Registered
246 Posts
new purchase - HARMAN KARDON CA215, in good condition, fully functional , but redistributions are broken between contacts...
assembled without the use of operational amplifiers :)

Attachments

10761 - 10780 of 10850 Posts