DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

161 - 180 of 10706 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
OK ...this is one for the old farts on here ....does anyone remember Tenna Mindblower speakers? They had an amplifier built on to each speaker.

>^..^<

·
Registered
84 Posts
I use to use Nakamichi and ADS stuff. Here is a pic of my old ADS amp and an Infinity Beta 12 sub I had.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Don't remember the Mindblowers. I do remember Tenna though. Might have an eq or something like that around here somewhere. Vaguely remember something with Tenna. If I find it, I will post a pic for you.

NOW, are these "Old School" or Antiques?
Fosgate from 1973, and Kustom from 1976.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
There was a guy on eBay a few weeks ago selling a pair of modded LP 1002's with 8 cans a piece in each amp, rebuilt PS, turn on pop elim, and plexi bottoms. Said they did something like 100w at 8 ohm. I tried to get them from him, but he sold them before I could. :(

Oh well, like I need any more anyway....

You mean these? :p Two of a kind and they're sitting in my closet lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Old school trio:

Dude, who must I kill to get those off you? Give me a name and address and consider it done.. I am discreet and efficient (well, so much for discretion as I have made my proposal public domain) I don't want to have to kill you so I suggest we deal.

·
Registered
954 Posts
You mean these? :p Two of a kind and they're sitting in my closet lol.
Kapps, ya try to sell me goodies that no one wants, meanwhile you got those joints sitting plentiful, amps that I would kill for..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Wow, my favorite topic... OLD SCHOOL!!!
There is a lot of neat stuff in here. Kind of an addicting hobby isn't it? This is what happens when you don't get it under control...

Tristan is an addict too, but doesn't know it. :D

Holy mother of Christ!! Any goodies for sale or trade? Can I interest you in some Old school PPI amps? Art series, Promos and AM's, all very nice condiktion. I also have BNIB in packets Din cables for them in various lengths.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Dude, who must I kill to get those off you? Give me a name and address and consider it done.. I am discreet and efficient (well, so much for discretion as I have made my proposal public domain) I don't want to have to kill you so I suggest we deal.
I've actually been tossing around the idea of selling them. The damned things weigh 38 lbs each. I could barely lift my enclosure with two amps mounted on it to get it out of the trunk. It must weight about 120 lbs total. I've been thinking about replacing them with one Morel Ultimo or maybe a UL12. That would drop almost 60 lbs which is huge in a sports car. I still haven't decided yet. They are the best sub I've ever heard, but then I can't tell a huge difference between quality subs anyway. I kinda like the rarity factor too.

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Kapps, ya try to sell me goodies that no one wants, meanwhile you got those joints sitting plentiful, amps that I would kill for..
no one wants? they're all sold :p

but yea, I think i'm going to put these (at least one) in the girls ride :eek:

·
Registered
954 Posts
About half of my collection out of the boxes
Not pictured 2 sony xes ribbons, 4 xes 6" mids, alot of newer rockford stuff and some other things.
I forget some times.

What is that red and aluminum sony amp worth? I have access to a 4 channel like that, maybe it's a 5, not sure. It's in a pawn shop for $150, I can scoop it for about $120. Is that a steal?

·
Registered
954 Posts
no one wants? they're all sold :p

but yea, I think i'm going to put these (at least one) in the girls ride :eek:
Awesome, I figured they would, was just messing with you. I passed because I didnt know anything about them. Congrats!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Holy mother of Christ!! Any goodies for sale or trade? Can I interest you in some Old school PPI amps? Art series, Promos and AM's, all very nice condiktion. I also have BNIB in packets Din cables for them in various lengths.
What are you looking for?

Anyone have any 70's or early 80's goodies?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I remember the Mindblowers from the late 70's ...they were 6x9s' ...two versions ...60wpc which (IIRC) were coax ...100wpc which was triax. They had a rocker switch that mounted underdash that turned on the power amp (booster). The booster was basically a transformer mounted to the back of the speaker.

>^..^<

·
Registered
954 Posts
What are you looking for?

Anyone have any 70's or early 80's goodies?
Let's see. I need killer SQ midbass drivers, midrange, tweets, for a 3 way front stage, SQL subs like 4) 12's or 15's, killer SQ HU, processor with delay, maybe a serious EQ.

I have some amps working, some not.

Working
2) A 404.2's, 1 mint, 1 good
2) A600.2's, 1 like new in box, other very nice
2) A300.2's both mint in box
1) 2025 AM Mint

Not working
2) 2150 AMs 1 black 1 white, both very nice. Power up, quickly go into protect mode, nothing visibly damaged inside, looks brand new in there, easy fix
1) A600.2 in decent condition, graphics are good, sides of amp a bit scuffed, 1 channel distorted, other perfect, easy fix

1) Promos 450, good condition, prolly needs for 2 of the channels complete output section mosfets replaced. Was working when I got it, then I boobooed

I also have 2 very nice couplers for the Art series in white, 1 refinished, 1 original white, both in very nice condition.

1) mint par-225 white
1) mint dash mount frx-322? I think thats the model, have to look at it, haven't seen it in a while, white.

Taking cash offers, OR Equal value trades on electronics, better value trades for drivers and subs if they are used. All on the above mentioned.

How do I post pics in here? Haven't figured it out (haven't tried actually)

·
Registered
954 Posts
What is a mint Alpine CDE-7859 worth? I have one with the trim ring, the mounting sleeve and the case for the faceplate. Not a scratch on anything.

Also, there are Pawn shops down here that have tons of OS amps and gear for cheap. I pass on so many things that I later see posted somewhere as good quality pieces. ADS, Autotek, Aura, Cadence, Nakamichi, you name it.

I was wondering if someone that has vast knowledge of OS gear would be willing to put up with phone calls from me on one of my Pawn shop outings. I promise to make it worth you while. Anyone in here willing to take a chance?

If you will allow me to confer with you during my Pawn shop browsing, I'll gladly purchase something for you and ship it out, if you help me to identify goodies. Your price is whatever I pay if I find something you like. No mark up, I promise. I'm an honest dude, Colin can attest to that.

Sounds crazy, but there is a treasure trove of goodies down here that I am not qualified to identify. The awesome thing is, if it's not JL or something new, it sits and collects dust, they are happy to get rid of it for pennies on the dollar.

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Let's see. I need killer SQ midbass drivers, midrange, tweets, for a 3 way front stage, SQL subs like 4) 12's or 15's, killer SQ HU, processor with delay, maybe a serious EQ.
I think my stuff will be too old for you. Mostly I have 80's. Some 90's but not very much.

On the pawnshop idea, I think it would work, but you would need someone who knows the mid to late 90's gear. I know the 80's and very early 90's. Don't think my input would help much.

ON the Mindblowers, this is the closest I can get to them. 1970's for sure. Rainbow box for the amp, and purple speakers. See pic.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sounds crazy, but there is a treasure trove of goodies down here that I am not qualified to identify. The awesome thing is, if it's not JL or something new, it sits and collects dust, they are happy to get rid of it for pennies on the dollar.

PM me if interested.
It used to be like that around here ...for example. Years ago I bought a Hassleblad camera with lens for $150 ...and the same pawn shop had a Canon 35mm for $250. You could buy very high end cameras / electronics cheaper than you could mid range crap.

>^..^<

161 - 180 of 10706 Posts