DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Old School Showoff Thread

3M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  tintop 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lets see what everyones got... I've mostly got SS stuff but picked up a NIB Lanzar LXR100 today. Gotta get the out and get some pics.

#134 ·
Well, since someone decided to bump this thread, I'll play:

Was for trade, but decided to keep:

And some other goodies laying around:

Not exactly old school, but a few years old:

And a couple of RF amps that are just sitting there:

Oh yeah, I think I missed a Linear Power or two...

#136 ·
This is just a start ...I found 3 more Nak amps tonight while going through some boxs. I can't believe what some of you kids call "Old School":confused::rolleyes:

>^..^<

#147 ·
Oh yeah, I just took a photo of those two Linear Power 1502IQs that I left out earlier:

One of them is about to get installed, maybe shortly depending on if I want to work on my car or clean the yard!

ETA: Maybe I should focus on cleaning my work table too :)

#148 ·
anyone have any OLD Clarion decks? With the buttons that go all along the sides and bottom just like my eq (see above)? they had little green horseshoes/cd's that sort of moved across the screen when a cd played?

I'm gung ho about setting up my new system with MP3 & usb capabilities, but I'm be forced to reconsider if I could find one of those.

#149 ·
I have several hundred old decks. Mainly the shaft style. BUT I just so happen to have one that matches your EQ too. I was thinking about asking you for your eq. Looks like you beat me to the punch... But yes, I have one. Maybe 2...

#154 ·
Lets see what everyones got... I've mostly got SS stuff but picked up a NIB Lanzar LXR100 today.

The first 3 amps are sadly sold :(

I know I've got some more hiding in closets and what not.. Gotta get the out and get some pics.

I've been thinking more and more about running 2 Rubicon604s and a Rubicon700 again. Or maybe 2 Punch 4080dsms and a 200dsm. Man those Rubis look nice.

#166 ·
Dude, who must I kill to get those off you? Give me a name and address and consider it done.. I am discreet and efficient (well, so much for discretion as I have made my proposal public domain) I don't want to have to kill you so I suggest we deal.

#161 ·
OK ...this is one for the old farts on here ....does anyone remember Tenna Mindblower speakers? They had an amplifier built on to each speaker.

>^..^<

#163 ·
Don't remember the Mindblowers. I do remember Tenna though. Might have an eq or something like that around here somewhere. Vaguely remember something with Tenna. If I find it, I will post a pic for you.

NOW, are these "Old School" or Antiques?
Fosgate from 1973, and Kustom from 1976.

#175 ·
I remember the Mindblowers from the late 70's ...they were 6x9s' ...two versions ...60wpc which (IIRC) were coax ...100wpc which was triax. They had a rocker switch that mounted underdash that turned on the power amp (booster). The booster was basically a transformer mounted to the back of the speaker.

>^..^<

#177 · (Edited)
What is a mint Alpine CDE-7859 worth? I have one with the trim ring, the mounting sleeve and the case for the faceplate. Not a scratch on anything.

Also, there are Pawn shops down here that have tons of OS amps and gear for cheap. I pass on so many things that I later see posted somewhere as good quality pieces. ADS, Autotek, Aura, Cadence, Nakamichi, you name it.

I was wondering if someone that has vast knowledge of OS gear would be willing to put up with phone calls from me on one of my Pawn shop outings. I promise to make it worth you while. Anyone in here willing to take a chance?

If you will allow me to confer with you during my Pawn shop browsing, I'll gladly purchase something for you and ship it out, if you help me to identify goodies. Your price is whatever I pay if I find something you like. No mark up, I promise. I'm an honest dude, Colin can attest to that.

Sounds crazy, but there is a treasure trove of goodies down here that I am not qualified to identify. The awesome thing is, if it's not JL or something new, it sits and collects dust, they are happy to get rid of it for pennies on the dollar.

PM me if interested.

#180 ·
Sounds crazy, but there is a treasure trove of goodies down here that I am not qualified to identify. The awesome thing is, if it's not JL or something new, it sits and collects dust, they are happy to get rid of it for pennies on the dollar.

PM me if interested.
It used to be like that around here ...for example. Years ago I bought a Hassleblad camera with lens for $150 ...and the same pawn shop had a Canon 35mm for $250. You could buy very high end cameras / electronics cheaper than you could mid range crap.

>^..^<