DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm freaking beside myself 馃檪

That new box of mine that I previously rated an 8.5 or 9 out of 10 ? ...
Well.... No....

That freaking thing is a 12 out of 10 ! 馃榾 Okay so first off, I'm just going to throw this out there, because it is what it is.....
I'm retarded 馃槅 That popping that started back with the Isobaric 15"s ? A freaking loose power cable ! How did I freaking miss that ! Fixed that, and was able to beat the chit out of it, with zero popping, or any kind of bad sounds for that matter....

But that only lasted for about 15 minutes, because then I started putting in that new Wolfram 2400.1 and just WoW ! It was hard to clip that thing ! At a few points with just some really loud kick drums, I saw just some really quick flickers... But it was so loud by that point it was scary ! 馃槅 Lol
I can't imagine playing a continuous bass tone in the 38 to 45 hz range, so loud that it clipped continually...

I played crazy 20 hz test tones, and a few old school rock songs, and it all sounded fantastic 馃檪

BTW, I always wondered if my mids and highs would play louder and cleaner, if the bass channel of that 5 ch amp was not being used ? And the answer is, WAY louder and cleaner ! In fact, it was hard to make that clip now too !

Long story short, I was out for about 40 minutes of testing... Managed to make my ears ring, and neither amp ever got warm, nor did my voltage ever dip below 13.4 馃檪 And I was just parked.
Driving, it will probably hold 14 volts solid, while beating hard on the stereo 馃檪

Freaking thrilled ! 馃檪

Definitely the loudest, deepest, cleanest system I've ever had 馃檪 Whooo-freaking-hooo ! 馃檪

Registered
I'm freaking beside myself

That new box of mine that I previously rated an 8.5 or 9 out of 10 ? ...
Well.... No....

That freaking thing is a 12 out of 10 ! Okay so first off, I'm just going to throw this out there, because it is what it is.....
I'm retarded That popping that started back with the Isobaric 15"s ? A freaking loose power cable ! How did I freaking miss that ! Fixed that, and was able to beat the chit out of it, with zero popping, or any kind of bad sounds for that matter....

But that only lasted for about 15 minutes, because then I started putting in that new Wolfram 2400.1 and just WoW ! It was hard to clip that thing ! At a few points with just some really loud kick drums, I saw just some really quick flickers... But it was so loud by that point it was scary ! Lol
I can't imagine playing a continuous bass tone in the 38 to 45 hz range, so loud that it clipped continually...

I played crazy 20 hz test tones, and a few old school rock songs, and it all sounded fantastic

BTW, I always wondered if my mids and highs would play louder and cleaner, if the bass channel of that 5 ch amp was not being used ? And the answer is, WAY louder and cleaner ! In fact, it was hard to make that clip now too !

Long story short, I was out for about 40 minutes of testing... Managed to make my ears ring, and neither amp ever got warm, nor did my voltage ever dip below 13.4 And I was just parked.
Driving, it will probably hold 14 volts solid, while beating hard on the stereo

Freaking thrilled !

Definitely the loudest, deepest, cleanest system I've ever had Whooo-freaking-hooo !
Good to hear! Now you can quit buying subwoofers and subwoofer amps and get a laptop, mic, and dsp!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good to hear! Now you can quit buying subwoofers and subwoofer amps and get a laptop, mic, and dsp!
Ha 馃榾 lol

Yes, your definitely right about that. In fact, as great as it was sounding tonight, I have to say, last evening my GF and I were out and I was playing some of her favorite stuff (the only way I can get away with playing it a little louder 馃槈 lol) and it hit one particular note / frequency and we both were like, whoa.... Of course she didn't know why that one note was so loud.... But I know exactly why !

Yes, a DSP is soon to come !

Hey ironically, one song it plays super well, is called... "Peaks and Valleys" 馃榾 ....just not in the recording I guess 馃檪 lol

Registered
Been kinda bumbling through a number of your posts... and glad to hear you are finally satisfied.
I have nothing of substance to add to this, other than; every time I see your user name, I think of this:

(Sorry. It's early. I'm on my first cup of coffee. And this will be a lot less funny as the day rolls on...)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I don't know if any of us are ever "completely satisfied" 馃槈

But it is definitely the nicest setup I've ever had.

Yea, I have been called fish stick a few times.... Which I guess is not the first name I've ever been called 馃榾

1 - 5 of 5 Posts