DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but here it's the CA18RNX and L18 variant. i know most to all of the members on this forum are from eca but most of the recommendations that are given when ppl ask for driver advice go to the ca18 and l18 whereas roughly 6 mo ago the refs and performances were all everyone recommended. it's just kinda weird to me every forum has trends and such...i remember when cheapboy was doing a lot of work w/ the ref and now he speaks alot about these newer discoveries. though i know the price-performance ratio is great w/ the 8 ohm drivers. how about the performance mids? no one ever mentions them anymore and i love them.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I always try to recommend the best possible driver, given someone's personal preference and budget. It just so happens that alot of people are asking for a quality built, low distortion, high output mid/bass in the $50-60 price range.... and the Seas CA18/L18 fits that profile perfectly.

I don't usually mention retail brands on here, because after all this is DIY mobile audio right? The point being to forego amenities such as manuals, warranties, and passive crossovers in order to achieve the highest performance to price ratio.

·
Registered
415 Posts
yep, i think Performance to Price ratio is key. I wouldnt mind at all to have some Seas Lotus References for midrange.

in fact, i do!

4.5" though...

·
Registered
164 Posts
definitely nothing wrong with the reference/performance range. I run the reference set myself, and enjoy it immensely. heard the performance too, was very impressed with it as well. The L18 is more of a budget driver, being a lot cheaper, and unlike the reference/performance is a DIY driver, so it does suit some people better. Personally i would like to make the jump to 3 way one day and when i do, the L18 will be the first midbass i try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
again i'm not bitching just making observations. its funny how much influence cheapboy and leon had on the eca forums everytime they made a "discovery" everyone would jump on it. myself included. keep up the good work man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts