DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm a "intermediate" car audio user, and I've got a problem on my sound installation, when I turn on the car and the stereo I can hear only the music coming from the Left channel, if I raise up the volume the Right speaker would kick in and start hearing musing from Right channel, now.... is it possible that only 1 channel from the Amp is having problems?
I've checked the spearkers and there are no loose connections, also the balance is not the issue, also when both channels are working I can hear a buzzing sound in the Right speakers as if you would be messing around with the connections....

I'm really confused and it is really annoying..... should I replace the Amp? it's really old
Model: Pioneer GMX 314

thanks for the help

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
switch the speaker connection in the amp left to rigth and see if the problem switches sides. if it does, then you know its the amplifier and not the speakers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I switched the cable speakers and now is the Left that is failing.... so I assume that the amp is bad... any chance that I can repair it? maybe solder? or better buy a new one?

thanks minibari for the suggestion

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
It could be a solder in there, did you wiggle the RCA a little that is a common place for solder breaks. Also check all the controls on the amp like the gain and any switches, etc. You can get another used amp pretty cheap otherwise. If you have some solder skills sure you can resolder a bad one, or spray clean a switch, etc.

Noise like that could be a ground loop issue, so it might be the shield connection for that channel from the RCA, maybe.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
switch the speaker connection in the amp left to rigth and see if the problem switches sides. if it does, then you know its the amplifier and not the speakers
And the RCA's also, sometimes the outputs from radios goes bad and could cause you to believe its the amplifier/speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts