DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 2 jl audio w3 subs one of them isn't working so I bought a BRAND new jl sub same exact one and the new one still doesn't work. I know the amp is still good cuz the left woofer is working ...what's wrong ? Btw the woofers have separate wires as in the left have there own and the right has its own

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Is it a mono amp? How do you have your subs wired? Could very easily be a wiring problem, or those particular outputs on your amp could be bad. If you have a 2 channel amp, one channel could be bad. We need more information, pictures of your wiring at the amp, and sub could help too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is that there are 2 and the left one still works but the right side doesn't and I went out and bought a brand new one and the new one doesn't work....I don't think it's the amp I got 2 jl audio 10" w3 with a jl audio 500 watt amp

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The thing is that there are 2 and the left one still works but the right side doesn't and I went out and bought a brand new one and the new one doesn't work....I don't think it's the amp I got 2 jl audio 10" w3 with a jl audio 500 watt amp

And you put the working sub on the channel known to work?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is it a mono amp?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Switch the non working sub into the place of the working sub. 100% chance the non working sub starts working.:D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wiring problem. 500w JL amp is probably a mono. Gotta be wiring issue is my guess.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
You already said that. We need more information about the amp, subs, and wiring. As mentioned below, swap the sub that works with the one that isn't working and see what happens. You'll be able to rule out if the sub is the problem, then you'll need to dig a bit more.

Tell us (or upload pictures if you can) of the amp, we want to see both the input side, where the RCAs are, and the output to the sub, and of course we need the amp model number so we can tell if it's mono, or a multi channel amp, then we can tell you if it's wired correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts