DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in search of some JBLC608GTIs and the only places I am finding them are on these sites. Their prices seem reasonable and almost too good. Have any members had experiences either negative or positive?

I am watching eBay and 3 different forums but I've missed out on all of the recent sets.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are better tweeter sets out there for your investment ($139.99 range). Is there a specific reason you needed these?
So what set are you suggesting? The JBLs go for anywhere from 220-350.00, not 130.00, in fact the last few used sets have gone for 200.00.
The C60GTI components have received excellent review, are able to handle a ton of power....some have thrown over 200 watts to each side continuously for extended periods of time.... and sound good in doing so. More than one reviewer has commented about how amazing the mid bass from the 6.5 is.

Im also running JBL/Crown amps as well as JBL W10's. Why not stay with the same manufacturer if their components work well and are within my price range.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
So what set are you suggesting? The JBLs go for anywhere from 220-350.00, not 130.00, in fact the last few used sets have gone for 200.00.
The C60GTI components have received excellent review, are able to handle a ton of power....some have thrown over 200 watts to each side continuously for extended periods of time.... and sound good in doing so. More than one reviewer has commented about how amazing the mid bass from the 6.5 is.

Im also running JBL/Crown amps as well as JBL W10's. Why not stay with the same manufacturer if their components work well and are within my price range.
No reason not to at all. They are really nice drivers for the money. I wouldve gone with them myself a couple of months ago if sonic wouldve had them in stock.
Whats this guy talking about tweeters for anyway? There a set a and damn good one at that.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
techronics is BBB certified. i bought my first setup from them as they had the cheapest prices plus BBB certified. all new in box, fast, still have the subs and amp and still work today

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Pay attention to the warranty. Some say "manufacturers warranty" and are authorized dealers, some offer their own warranty (which varies) and are not authorized. Not authorized just means they are buying it from the gray market or the manufacturer just doesn't care how their equipment is sold.

The only other thing to look for is customer service reviews. Shipping, returns, etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got a JL 13TW5 from techronics and the sub was not "Brand New, Factory Sealed" like their website claimed. It had mounting marks and even had speaker wire still in the push terminals. The sub smelled like the VC was melted too.

I called them up and bitched, they sent me a new sub and paid to ship the other back. The guy on the phone wasn't very friendly but did fix my problem.

I have had good luck with sonicelectronix, pacific stereo(price match) and woofersetc.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
techronics is BBB certified. i bought my first setup from them as they had the cheapest prices plus BBB certified. all new in box, fast, still have the subs and amp and still work today
Not to say that Techronics sucks or doesn't suck (I've never ordered there and have no idea) but BBB means nothing. Companies pay the BBB to list them. BBB = BS. Besides, how many people do you know that actually report problems to the BBB? Look them up on sites like ResellerRatings. That means a lot more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh my! You'll never know what you're buying in that shop. Why won't they give you a try first. Or an opportunity to check if everything's alright with the goods you are about to pay for. Weird world.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Not to say that Techronics sucks or doesn't suck (I've never ordered there and have no idea) but BBB means nothing. Companies pay the BBB to list them. BBB = BS. Besides, how many people do you know that actually report problems to the BBB? Look them up on sites like ResellerRatings. That means a lot more.
oh like here?

Techronics Reviews - techronics.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

what do you know, their great! never seen a company have BBB and do you wrong. thats all im saying

not to mention they accept paypal. so use paypal if they rip u off, complain to paypal and BBB and you will get your stuff corrected.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Oh, wow, a company that I specifically said I wasn't saying sucked, doesn't suck! Wow! What a revelation! :rolleyes:

BBB is BS, whether you think it is or not. Feel free to research it, or feel free to think I'm full of s***. Up to you.

Complaining to Paypal to get your money back has nothing to do with BBB.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
didnt say papal and bbb had anything to do with each other. but ill buy from a place that accepts paypal and is BBB before ill buy anywhere else

any no where did i say u said they sucked. cant you read?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts