DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are this midrange from audio legion, they are marked down from $249.95 to $69.99,thinking about pulling the trigger on them

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
those looks like dome mids, and you will, need to hp them pretty high. I would like to see ts parameters and freq graph before commenting any further. It is specified as a mid with WIDE freq output from 3k-20k...????

·
Registered
595 Posts
Looks similar to the jbl/infinity offerings, but a 3k crossover is pointless (possible typo?)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Looks similar to the jbl/infinity offerings, but a 3k crossover is pointless (possible typo?)
if it is a typo, then 300 would be super too low for dome mid which usually are usable from 500-600Hz and up....
with such specs as they are posted on Audio Legion site I would not look at them any further..... also a drop in price is so significant, that I would first ask my self -what is the reason....

·
Registered
938 Posts
They claim a 2.1” voice coil in the title, then 1” voice coil in the specs… 99dB efficiency would be remarkable if true but I’d bet it’s not.

the old dls ir3s were usable to 260 hz with a steep slope but they were much larger drivers.

·
Registered
19,902 Posts
I know this isnt exactly what you were looking for, but Audio Legion isn't something I'd recommend touching with a ten foot pole.

Reactions: LBaudio and vactor

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
There are drastically better options in the budget price range.. Audio Legion is just a generic brand they dont make or design anything.. they pick it out of a catalog from a Chinese supplier and have their name printed on it..

i would bet money a Tymphany/Vifa TC9fd18-08 would smoke that thing in sound quality. And they cost $9 each - Check out parts expess.. Dayton, Vifa/Peerless, Scanspeak 10f... all excellent budget options with actual real engineering that went into their designs.. if you need a car audio driver with a grill new new ones from JBL/Infinity look nice.. harman makes good stuff for the price

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't know anything about their quality, It's not something that I would recommend. But ya they're so cheap because they are no longer in business. Only long enough to sell the rest of the stuff they have on hand. I've also heard of people not getting the stuff they ordered...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts