DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone opinion on a center channel or do you prefer DSP.

I'm thinking of running one center channel of the HU in a "bridge" configuration (+ from one channel and - from the other). I'm hoping my HU can take it :). Has anyone done this? any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
i'll be getting an Audio Control Model 11 in the mail shortly....

it's a center channel processor....

i'm sick of trying to get any height out of my center image and well....kinda ghetto'd in a center channel today, and was very pleased with the results....

i have 2 spare channels on one of my amps...so i bridged them to a 2" tangband driver sitting in the middle of the dash...ran it from 175hz up to 20k....tweets on the left and right of the dash doing 5k and up....css wr's in the kicks running ~200-5k....

helped quite a bit....but some things that are supposed to be all the way to the left or right....are creeping towards the middle....me no likey :)

so....that model 11...separates out all the things that are common to the left and right channels....and outputs them to a center channel....and also sends the left and right signals out.....hopefully next week i'll see how it does....

your HU might take it....what kinda speaker are you using for your center?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Sounds good Derek. I think i got a pretty good stage height right now, my upper midrange is dropping to the sides though. But then again i wouldn't know what a proper soundstage would sound like anyway lol. Never heard a SQ car besides my own.

·
Registered
531 Posts
f body's are just plain gay.

i spent 6 hours aiming yesterday....said F this.

broke out the tangband this morning :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wouldn't bridge the headunit no matter what, however I did have good luck bridging an amp to a center channel and using the available time-alignment on my old 9815.
The audiocontrol piece is great for imaging purposes, however I see alot of people on this forum are using the Eclipse decks with time alignment, have you guys played with the time alignment functions? It might work for just one person but it does help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts