DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 acura legend coupe.I want to replace the bose system and still want the same sound quality but with a bit more kick(louder bass and voices).I have chosen a kenwood headunit,pair of 6x9 eclipse speakers they are big speaker with built in crossovers.Pair of 6.5 eclipse speakers same model as the back they are just the 6.5 model they are older speakers with built in crossovers also, they are new i had them for a while.What u guys think of this setup.They ran me bout 4 hundred for the 6x9 and the 6.5 ran me bout 3 hundred they arent cheap speakers i just know aftermarket usually dont sound as good as oem bose systems.What u guys think,what advice u got for me i want a elegant system.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would most definitely disagree that aftermarket doesnt sound better than factory bose. The first thing i would tell you to do is think about deadening your door. It is shocking how much of a difference sealing and deadening your doors has on midrange clarity, midbass impact and overall loudness.

Also a key to a good frontstage is an outboard amp. HU amps just dont have the power to get the full potential out of a nice set of speakers.

Give us a budget to start with and we can go from there

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im looking to get a eclipse 4ch or a kenwood 4ch idk whick is better.Im looking to get it used but in good or like new shape cuz im looking to save some money.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Are you just wanting to replace your speakers and get an amp or were you wanting to add a sub?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you just wanting to replace your speakers and get an amp or were you wanting to add a sub?
My other car has u huge system tvs amps subs ect.........This car i just want a elegant sound loud ,nice bass, clear voices u know,no subs at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump.Anyone with info on what amp would be best fo the setup i want.Its out of 4ch eclipse or kenwood amps,which should i go with?

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you are really stuck on those two choices i would have to pick the eclipse. but i think you could do much better for the money.

Regardless of which amp you choose i think for what you are wanting you should consider an active setup. That really opens up the possibilities as far as choices in speakers and tuning ability.

·
Registered
318 Posts
*Double post*

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*Double post*
I already have the hu and the speakers so in stuck on that.As far as the amps i dont have one yet,i say eclipse and kenwood cuz i would like the system to concist of those 2 brand cuz i heard that a system comes out better if u dont mix so many brand.What amp would be better for the cash,Beside the kenwood excelon or eclipse?

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
I would not get stuck on the "everything should be one brand" idea. The only reason this is an issue is if you want things to match. Retailers try to convince you that your system will sound better when everything is the same brand because they don't want you to leave the store and buy a different brand that they don't carry.

Scrap that idea and you should be able to find a lot of good choices out there within your budget.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Anyone ever heard of this amp Eclipse EA1412 its a tiny 25x4 rms amp i need all info possible on it.
I would do at least 50x4. I used to have an older eclipse 50x4 and it was a great little amp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would not get stuck on the "everything should be one brand" idea. The only reason this is an issue is if you want things to match. Retailers try to convince you that your system will sound better when everything is the same brand because they don't want you to leave the store and buy a different brand that they don't carry.

Scrap that idea and you should be able to find a lot of good choices out there within your budget.
Ok thanks alot i always heard that to get a great system u have to use all one brand stuff, but know ima open my option alil more.I like eclipse sound quality its nice though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts