DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these any good? I see they are fairly cheap. Thoughts and opinions? Looking at possibly trying the 8" driver (w20rc38), along side a Vifa 3" midrange (TC08WD49-08), and possibly the Vifa tweeter ( D26NC-55-06) in a 3 way set up for a 1979 1/2 ton Chevy rebuild that I am doing at the moment. Possibly all in the kicks, or at least the midrange and the tweet in the kicks with the 8" driver in the doors via some mdf/fiberglass pods. I bought some of the Silver Flutes from the "For Sale" section for this purpose and to test them out. I am going for the cheapest route possible, but still want to maintain sound quality, if thats really possible. Your thoughts please.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Derek has used them, Don't reemmber which size but it was either the 5 1/4 or 6.5 which he had used but said the midbass was lacking but the midrange was very nice.......

Mabey he will come on in and comment a bit.

·
Registered
531 Posts
demon2091tb said:
Derek has used them, Don't reemmber which size but it was either the 5 1/4 or 6.5 which he had used but said the midbass was lacking but the midrange was very nice.......

Mabey he will come on in and comment a bit.
i'll just agree with you :)

i've used both the 6.5 and 5.25...both very nice drivers.....midbass does lack a little bit though....

i'd go with the 8" since you'll probably have room in that old truck to do some cutting :)

very nice midrange though....i liked it alot....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts