DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to do a diy comp set for my truck 02 silverado ex-cab. I am definitely gong to use the peerless 6.5 csx woofers for midbass duty. But I am torn between two tweeters. The vifa d26nc soft dome or the lpg 25nfa soft dome. Which would be a better match and why? Also what would be the best highpass point for each tweeter. I will be using a 24db slope if it matters.

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
skibum said:
I am looking to do a diy comp set for my truck 02 silverado ex-cab. I am definitely gong to use the peerless 6.5 csx woofers for midbass duty. But I am torn between two tweeters. The vifa d26nc soft dome or the lpg 25nfa soft dome. Which would be a better match and why? Also what would be the best highpass point for each tweeter. I will be using a 24db slope if it matters.

Are you going to buy NEW CSX 4Ohm drivers? If so you may want to call around for availibility, I could not find any.

Chad

·
Registered
578 Posts
LPG 25nfa... Why?
Because it is EZ to integrate with just about any mid... and it sounds great... @ $37 a piece, you'll not find equal performance in that price range... IMO the next best thing is the RS28 & that is $50 a piece.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Unfortunately there are some exceptions... and the RS180 & RS225 are an example of those...
You would need a tweeter capable of 1.2-2.5khz for those...

In that scenarion the RS28 & other tweeters like it are a better solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.