DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Alpine IVA-D900 dvd flip out HU and just bought the H510 to go with it. Mainly bc I wanted the optical inputs for cleaner sound and the small amount of EQ is nice.

The problem is only the DVD input is able to play sound. There are 3 inputs, DVD, headunit, and changer.

Only 2 optical I need, Zune HD opt out and the D900 optical out.

At the moment I have the zune plugged in since I listen to it more, but would like to be able to play some dvd as well without having to unplug the zune optical and plug in the dvd. All I could find online is that the processor considers the D900 as a dvd player and not headunit so thats why it wont work in the headunit input.

Is there anyway to get the headunit input or even the changer input to work?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I am not super familiar with either of these, but the 510 has an Ai-net connection correct? does the IVA-900 control this unit? it mentions in the manual that is doesnt control "some" features, whatever that means.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
here is what I found. sounds like you need the H701 to do what you want, not the 501.

the radio doesnt work and none of the
aux right then you gotta check theorder of the
ai net system
you might have the dva changer hooked up wrong
there is a grey and black
the grey is always the input and black is out put
you will not get the iva d900 to work on the fiber optic output unless you plug it into the dvd side of 510
reason is the d900 is being reconized as a dvd player and not head unit on the ai net buss there fore the pxa is not turning on the input for headunit
so this is what you gotta do
plug the iva fiber optic output into dvd input on pxa 510
dvd changer u have to use the rca outputs and plug them into anolog input of 510
the cd changer then use the fiber optic output into cd changer input on pxa
run ai net inthis order
iva into input of pxa..pxa out goes into grey of dvd changer then black from dvd chager goes to cd changer and that is it...turn on the eq div switch to eq/div
go into dvd changer program menu and turn on the
rca outputs
and then when you activate the iva it will run with fiber optic and when you run the dvd player it will run off of anolog..you should invest into a pxa h701 because then it will work the way you want with all the fiber optic working
because the 701 will reconize the iva as a headunit
you gotta understand that the 510 headunit input is for the older alpine decks like the 7949 and 7969..try this and let meknow if this works
it should

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I had a bad feeling about that.
Kinda stupid on alpines part bc there is an option in the D900 to select the processor as the H510 or other. So that kinda told me that this would work great with the D900.

I might try getting a 2 to 1 optical switch or connector and just use it that way.

I rather not spend another $400 for the h701

1 - 5 of 5 Posts