DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
A pair of G12s on 800w would have more output than a GB10 by quite a bit just due to the displacement advantage. The GB10 has the excursion advantage and more powerful magnet but that wouldn’t overcome the displacement difference.

Regarding the AF GB10, they are most often placed in sealed. I’ve read of a few trying ported that weren’t enamored with them but I’m sure some have been happy with them ported.

·
Registered
353 Posts
A pair of G12s on 800w would have more output than a GB10 by quite a bit just due to the displacement advantage. The GB10 has the excursion advantage and more powerful magnet but that wouldn’t overcome the displacement difference.

Regarding the AF GB10, they are most often placed in sealed. I’ve read of a few trying ported that weren’t enamored with them but I’m sure some have been happy with them ported.
But about the 12 inch driver? 🙂

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well excuraion matters. Some 12” drivers have 30mm or more of excursion (Xmax). But for the subs involved, they’re all in the 13-19mm range which means excursion isn’t going to overcome the displacement difference. Plus large excursion drivers have larger magnet motors to control the excursion and require more power.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
I didn't bother posting any of the response graphs, although they would have been neat to see. After plugging in as many box combinations as I could, it was pretty obvious that the pair for G12's would always come out on top, so I didn't bother posting the graphs, sorry.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Looks like those Audiofrog GS12D2's are $169 now.

Also look at the ScanSPeak Discovery 30W at $269 or the Peerless XXLS at $215. These are essentially the same drivers and perform exceptionally well.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts