DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of near mint IDQ8's that I am letting go for $200 plus shipping and Paypal fees. Shipping shouldn't be any more than $25.00 anywhere in the US (worst case scenario) . Please no International requests, want to keep this in the US..

These are as close to brand new as you will find, not a single blemish to the cones or surrounds and rubber trim. The stickers on back have a few blemishes but I think we can all excuse that.

They are in perfect functioning condition, no tinsel slap or anything funky. Just sick OS ID midbass to sink your teeth into.. A must for nostalgic folk or those who demand among the best in midbass in this pricerange.

The pics do them no justice (partial blockage of flash caused "red eye" to the cones, there is no redness to them I promise) These must be seen to be appreciated.

I have a few solid references here with more to come.. Buy with confidence!!

BTW, if "somegreekguy" asks you to hold an item pending a money order from Canada, move on. Been waiting on this supposed payment on these for weeks now. I messaged him yesterday, haven't heard back. Anyone want these, better jump before his "supposed" money order gets here. I will refund any payments plus fees if his payment does indeed arrive ( which I doubt, but you never know)

He should have responded or at least followed up on when the money order was supposedly mailed (possibly express mailed if he wanted them so bad?)

(For some reason, the pics got all mixed up in Photobucket please excuse..)

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Tempting, but not for 200+...

These would be nice along side my IDQ10's and IDQ15's... lol... (no i'm not using both) I'd need a set of 12'z and i'd have the whole line (they didn't make any IDQ6 did they?)

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Tempting, but not for 200+...

These would be nice along side my IDQ10's and IDQ15's... lol... (no i'm not using both) I'd need a set of 12'z and i'd have the whole line (they didn't make any IDQ6 did they?)
Not 100% sure, but I think they did, look for someone in for sale section selling the horns, he has the IDQ6 along with the crossovers

I have been looking for a set of the 8's for awhile but I do agree that 200 is to much, but nice speaker none the less

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Not 100% sure, but I think they did, look for someone in for sale section selling the horns, he has the IDQ6 along with the crossovers

I have been looking for a set of the 8's for awhile but I do agree that 200 is to much, but nice speaker none the less
I think you are correct, now that I actually think about it....

Oh, and this now makes me feel like I post dumped... which wasn't my intent and I will edit, if it's a problem..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are correct, now that I actually think about it....

Oh, and this now makes me feel like I post dumped... which wasn't my intent and I will edit, if it's a problem..
Honestly, do you guys think my asking price for a pair of super nice original discontinued IDQ8's is too much?

I consulted with a friend regarding the asking price, he's more familiar with pricing on these than I am, that number was the result.

Sincere question, what does a pair of almost perfect IDQ8's like these sell for? Truthfully, the only flaw on these drivers is the sticker on the mags. Other than that, they are perfect.To the best of my knowledge, you rarely see these for sale, and if you do find them, rarely in this condition. Am I wrong?

So what's the going rate?

"Post dump" away! S'cool, generates traffic by way of free bumpage ;)

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
$200 is a little high for no boxes and in used condition.

Yours DO look to be in nice shape.

I would consider them if I were in the market for another pair...I already have three.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Honestly, do you guys think my asking price for a pair of super nice original discontinued IDQ8's is too much?

I consulted with a friend regarding the asking price, he's more familiar with pricing on these than I am, that number was the result.

Sincere question, what does a pair of almost perfect IDQ8's like these sell for? Truthfully, the only flaw on these drivers is the sticker on the mags. Other than that, they are perfect.To the best of my knowledge, you rarely see these for sale, and if you do find them, rarely in this condition. Am I wrong?

I honestly can't say man, I just know I paid the same for my IDQ15's and you rarely see them as well...

That's why I said I would edit if you thought I was dumping..

YOu DO tempt me though... I'm building door panels anyway.. lol..

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm in Canada and very temped to have them to ship to my buddy in the states. $200 is a tad high imo. Man I wished I could go ahead with these. I have too much going out and not enough going in. Too many deals have 'came up' lately.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I sold my pair for 150 plus shipping (they had original boxes, but less sticker :)).... I miss them already

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/classifieds/55012-image-dynamics-xtant-orion.html

·
Registered
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Before I end up throwing these in my car and loving them, someone had better step up and make a solid offer.. The only reason I am selling them is because I picked up HAT legatia 3 way front. I haven't compared these to the L6's in an A/B. If I do and end up loving these, guess what I will end up selling?

The other reason is because sub oriented midbass in my doors is too much. I had dual Polk 6.5's in each door, home audio mini sub type drivers... Between 63HZ and 200HZ they sounded awesome (thats where I tune midbass)

The output and response was awesome. I loved it so much, but for the intermittent buzz I keep getting. It's coming from the door lock mech and I can't seem to cure it. With a sublike midbass like these, it get's so bad, the sound makes it's way into the car.. So before I figure out a solution to the problem and A/B test these over the L6's and end up loving these, better get that Paypal payment sent!! I have nothing but time this weekend, had an itch to start working on my stereo.. Uh Oh!!

I don't go by what the new ID's are selling for. Yeah, would be nice for a collector if they had boxes, but I'm assuming that anyone looking to buy these is going to use them. I do know that people much prefer these over the new ID8's and that these are extremely difficult to find, especially in this condition.

That is why I think my price is justifiable.

I may be willing to work a trade, need a killer HU, something along the lines of a Clarion 9255 (not sure which model it is, the one that has 8 channels of pre outs, does a 3 way front stage plus sub..) If not that, a bit 1 processor, so I can use my Kenwood DDX 7015 and control a 4 way system. I would even consider a nice Eclipse that has the same features as the Alpine CDA-9855, but better.. ( I need to be able to run a 4 way system, XO's with tailoring of slopes and bandpass, plus incremental delays. If I could get an HU to do the 3 way front stage then add an additional processor for sub, I'll do it..

I would obviously throw some cash in to the deal for the Clarion, Bit 1, Eclipse (depending on the model number)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the offers fellas. If I'm going to budge on my asking price, first dibs go out to Aaron'z 2.5. I'm gonna give him a few days to nibble on the bait, if he doesn't go for it, then there are a few other offers I may consider..

BTW, in case you haven't noticed, my trader points are starting to come in. Members are happy with my products and service! More to come I hope..

BTW BTW, there is not even a hint of suspension sag on these drivers, they are still rather stiff. My guess is that a driver with this type of sensitivity should have a softer suspension than what these are showing. Might be a stretch, I'm not an expert on these but they seem rather stiff for a driver with it' sensitivity spec. May need breaking in?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would agree. What was the cost new? Also when I sell ZI take into consideration that why would someone pay that much for something they could buy new? I understand they are rare but 200 is high. Have yiou checked other classifieds for pricing?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a few deals in the works at slightly lower than my asking.. Offers are coming in, some close to what I am asking. I am going to give Aaron'z first dibs.. If he can't come through then I will consider other offers..

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Thank you much Sir.... ID front to back... CD-1Pro, IDQ8's and IDQ15's... it's going to be KILLER.. I'm so psyched..

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Consider them so, until further notice.. :D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
This makes a my decision about the jl audio zr speakers a little easier.

Now a pair of jl audio 8w0-8 are looking good.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Consider them so, until further notice.. :D
I think we have spit and a handshake ;) The ball is in your court brother. PLMK when you would like to finalize the deal.

Eggz.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts