DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sold some high end stuff before but never international...

How does one protect itself from PP policies, just short of taking plenty of pics of item in the box, showing how it was packed, etc.

Last thing I want it to have the buyer dispute and say it was a box of bricks, etc, etc.

Any extra steps/guidance you can advise

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Video testing while hooked up, of serial numbers if possible, of removal and of packing. It's a lot of work, but if it's a high-dollar item, it's worth it.

I think that's what I'm going to do with my Dyns and DD amp.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Honestly your going to have to get a good feel for the buyer and look for feedback. When I've sold higher end amps and speakers- I always take photos and video of item- mentioning the date and who it's going to in video. I make note of condition, serial number, etc - if something ever came up I will have multiple photos, video of item but it will really come down to both of your histories with PayPal. I know it's overkill but makes me feel better. Also my 20+ years on PayPal with 100's of transactions says something to PayPal if anything ever came up.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sad to say, but often times it is a matter of weighing the chance of another offer coming along versus the risk exposure of shipping international. If it is something that has a decent market, I tend to prefer to avoid anything outside of the US/Canada just to have some hope of recourse.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ibwould consider asking a store to be the witness when you pack and drop it off.. Had one issue with buyer claiming he received a stock scion hu when i sent 700 worth of bnib jvc hu. I called paypal and they believe me probably because of my past history on buying and selling ten of housands of dollars without any issues in the past 7 years. If i were to do that again, id pack it at a store and ask a witness with video.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Ibwould consider asking a store to be the witness when you pack and drop it off.. Had one issue with buyer claiming he received a stock scion hu when i sent 700 worth of bnib jvc hu. I called paypal and they believe me probably because of my past history on buying and selling ten of housands of dollars without any issues in the past 7 years. If i were to do that again, id pack it at a store and ask a witness with video.
Yeah PayPal sucks to pay for but when you call em they are generally on my side even when I'm wrong. Bounced some checks that went nasty ended up with like 100$ in fees. Paypal covered if didn't even have to beg just talked to them they even told you've had 50k$ in transactions your fine don't worry.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts