DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Signal processor can output 0-5V or 0-10V and amp can accept max 8V. So, turn the gains in the amp up to 5V or turn the gains on the processor to 8V and keep the gains down on the amp? But making sure the adjustments are made with no clipping in either scenario.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just hope the Audiocontrol DM-810 will give me a clean output at 8V vs 5V if the input is also good (GIGO). Trying to achieve as low of a noise floor as possible.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The less you have to rely on amp gains to compensate for low input voltage the better........so max input from the processor is my vote.

Reactions: sienna1

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The less you have to rely on amp gains to compensate for low input voltage the better........so max input from the processor is my vote.
For a comparison, I’m going to see if I can hear a noticeable difference in noise floor with the 5V vs 8V input with the amp gains down, then with it adjusted with only max 5V input and gains adjusted accordingly.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Just be sure the input voltage isn't clipping at whatever level you use it. It might not clip up to say 6v but then it starts to clip after that,then obviously you'd leave it at 6v and use the amp gain from there.

Reactions: sienna1

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just be sure the input voltage isn't clipping at whatever level you use it. It might not clip up to say 6v but then it starts to clip after that,then obviously you'd leave it at 6v and use the amp gain from there.
Both pieces have clip ind lights but I’m also going to use an oscilloscope.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts