DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any leads on how to plug my phone into my cars video system?

I have a Kenwood DDX 6019 and I believe it only has a composite video input and R/L audio inputs. Is there a GOOD HDMI converter made that can be adapted for in car use. I bought a cheapie to try but it didn't work at all.

How are you pros handling this integration these days?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if I am gonna watch movies in my car, I ussualy just connect my phone to the USB and let the HU do the de-code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea if you can stream netflix to your video system via usb? This generation of Kenwood doesn't is pre-usb, but if I knew I could stream netflix to keep my kids quiet, I would be in the market for a new deck tomorrow!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
ahh, I see what you want now. there are good HDMI to RCA convertors but expect to pay about $50+ for them.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
if I am gonna watch movies in my car, I ussualy just connect my phone to the USB and let the HU do the de-code.
It only works if your radio or HU could read the format file, divix, avi, mpg, mp4

But i'm glad that works for you, I wish my unit read Divix, or mp4 file!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
There are a lot of HDMI to composite converters available. Cheap ones will start around $50 and they can go much higher. Look for a model that has a 12V DC power supply to make things easier. Most of them will run on 24 volts and require an adapter.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
ahh, I see what you want now. there are good HDMI to RCA convertors but expect to pay about $50+ for them.
No, there aren't, because there is no such thing as composite video that doesn't suck. It should not come standard on ANYTHING. We are WELL past such an awful standard. Dear car audio manufacturers: Please advance your technology past the early-mid 1990s. Thanks.

http://www.sega-16.com/2006/03/seeing-is-believing-video-connections/ <-- shows how composite sucks even in still frames, and those don't even show the biggest problems with it, dot crawl and rainbowing, which are mainly visible with motion only. (Still images can depict them, but only motion can show the full extent of the damage they cause to the video)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the same question, but a different reason. I want to display my Droid nav screen on my HU.

Looks like an HDMI -> Composite adapter is in my future.

Also, need to find a double-din screen, with no nav, that I like.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have the same question, but a different reason. I want to display my Droid nav screen on my HU.

Looks like an HDMI -> Composite adapter is in my future.

Also, need to find a double-din screen, with no nav, that I like.
AVH-P3400BH or AVH-P4400BH... I regret being a nice guy and trading my 3300BT for a Kenwood DDX419.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts