DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya guys,

Ive hooked up a 4 way active setup to my p99rs, all focal utopia, atm we're having difficulties getting into the audio options menu (May have grounded the door wire so ATT is on all the time, locking me out of all audio settings ie crossover, ta, eq etc) my amps filters are on atm, but id like to turn them off! does the p99rs come with standard crossover points for each of the inputs. They're marked high, mid, low, sub, every things hooked in the right way. Id assume a deck as good as this would have a standard crossover for each of the outputs to protect the speakers when you first turn it on. I just dont want to turn the amp filters off and blow my tweeters. if anyone knows anything please help! very little info on this unit here in perth :S

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would not bet on it. As soon as you run auto T/A and EQ it will have the filters active though, at it's default crossover settings. Why not keep the protection on till you can verify the filters on the P99 are indeed active?
First sort out that door wire issue, get into the menu's and then worry about the filters on the amp.
In any case I'd recommend putting some protection on the tweeter, like a cap.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I don't remember there being any factory default settings.
When you auto tune you can let the P99 do it all or you can set the crossover points yourself and choose to keep those during the auto tune. I personally chose my own points.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Reset the P99 by hitting the little reset button on the face under the tuning knob.
With the key on and headunit off press and hold the tuning knob until the menu appears.
scroll through the menu until you see the option to reset the audio. Reset and exit the menu.
Press and hold the tuning knob until the menu appears. Scroll through and set all your settings. Clock, Everscroll, Reverse...bla bla bla...turn off the ATT or adjust it to the lowest point. -10bd
Exit this settings menu
Turn on the headunit. Press and hold the volume knob until the menus are displayed. Scroll through the menus and stop on 'Audio' and select this submenu.
Now scroll through the menus until you find the crossovers and gains.
Begin tuning.
Set the desired crossover points and slopes. Exit this menu
Turn off the headunit but leave the key on.
Open the face by pressing the CD open button.
Connect the auto-tune mic.
When the menu appears to auto-tune scroll until you see 'Custom Network' and select this option.
Start the auto-tune.

When the auto-tune is completed you can still go back and select an EQ preset like #1 and make EQ adjustments.
You can still fine tune TA
You can still fine tune driver gains.

The auto-tune is a good starting point for the 'New To Fully Active Tuning' user.

Chuck

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just curious, what Utopia set? The Be No.7 Active?

And what car is it installed in? For the midrange and tweeter, are they in the kickpanels or pillars?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hiya, yup no. 7 active, speakers are in the pods mounted on the dash, its all in a sound proofed honda jazz 03, 21wx in a custom install built into the spare wheel well. Back to the p99 for a sec, the problem is there's an install problem guys, i have NO ACCESS to ANY crossover, eq or ta settings, none at all, i can turn the head unit on, choose what im playing and thats it, not even volume control! :( so say if you plug this thing in for the very first time, hook up your 4 way and turn it on, is there a fail safe for the speakers? Surely this thing wouldnt feed the full signal to every channel? I know the high only goes down to 800hz but thats still low enough to be able to damage a tweeter designed to only play to 12khz and up!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi chuck,

i dont think so, Att is stuck on, which blocks me from getting into the menus! They're actually there, I just cant select audio, i click audio and ATT flashes at me straight away. I try and change the volume and ATT flashes again. I used an after market wiring harness and have a feeling something is crossed/ grounded that shouldn't be, or its almost as simple as, I dont have the remote, and the ATT button is only on the remote!! both of these things are on their way to me, the original cradle and remote, so hopefully i'll be able to fix this! I was just being impatient and wanted to know in the meantime could i use my install without the crossovers on the amps! I did some testing yesterday with a 31 band test to see exactly what was coming from each speaker. Its 4 way active, n i managed to get everything to spread as evenly as I could, fingers crossed its all fixed in the week! should have been more specific in my q :S

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
hi chuck,

i dont think so, Att is stuck on, which blocks me from getting into the menus! They're actually there, I just cant select audio, i click audio and ATT flashes at me straight away. I try and change the volume and ATT flashes again. I used an after market wiring harness and have a feeling something is crossed/ grounded that shouldn't be, or its almost as simple as, I dont have the remote, and the ATT button is only on the remote!! both of these things are on their way to me, the original cradle and remote, so hopefully i'll be able to fix this! I was just being impatient and wanted to know in the meantime could i use my install without the crossovers on the amps! I did some testing yesterday with a 31 band test to see exactly what was coming from each speaker. Its 4 way active, n i managed to get everything to spread as evenly as I could, fingers crossed its all fixed in the week! should have been more specific in my q :S

Page 38 of the manual describes what you are talking about. Yes you need to fix the door switch wiring or any telephone connection wiring to the HU to fix this issue.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/DEX-P99RS_OperationManual0428.pdf

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
soz i mean 1.2khz! its more like 1297 so eh 1.3khz, sorry missed the . so very low for a tweeter. however, the volume is super low because of the ATT but i have a feeling they are being fed as low as 800hz :S so feeling a little unsafe, things sound, just...off....hopefully next week it'll all be sorted. Gotta mention I used an aftermarket wiring harness which makes me think most of the issues have come from this :S ive read the manual inside out, and this is all i can come up with

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey and thanks for the page38 bomb, skimmed over that, the thing is, there's nothing plugged in besides a hd radio module? could that be sending a mute setting? or maybe the guy who had this unit before me had a phone plugged in, hit mute or att, then just pulled the plug and its stuck on att?? Im getting the remote very soon so hopefully I can just press ATT and it'll turn off? im feeling doubtful though, if its a signal thats coming from an external piece of equipment (that isnt even plugged in?? wtf?) wouldnt I need to disable mute or att on that to cancel this ghost signal my head unit seems to be receiving??

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
If it is just the remote then you would be able to get into the menus and turn it off there.

Have you tried going into the hidden menu's? These are only accessable when the unit is turned off while there is still power going to the unit from the car. To access the one you would need first hold the src button down to power the HU off. Then push in and hold the volumn button until the menu pops up. Turn the volumn knob until att pops up then push in and release the volumn knob. this should deactivate it or get you into it's menu where you can disable it.

In your first post you mentioned the door wire. Is this no longer thought to be there or did you talk to the installer?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yah been into the menus a few times, you can control the ATt effect but not flat out on or off :/ very annoying. And haven't dealt with the door prob yet!! Could be!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
You must have hooked up the door mute to a ground and that's your problem. They have two mutes, one for the door being open, one that functions when you hit the button. Disconnect the door mute because its a pointless gimmick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts