DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start by saying I'm a noob that thought he knew something about audio till I started researching it recently. I am knowledgeable on a 1-10 scale but learned the scale is closer to 1-1000. This site has been a huge part of my learning curve.

Without a bunch of boring details and after lots of self debating over what to buy I got the DEX-P99RS. Well I found a few things I don't like, or don't know how to do.

One is the lack of a dedicated pause button. The only way I found to pause is to go through the menus and select pause. Not a help if you are in a hurry. I guess I could mute or turn the stereo off if I was in a big hurry but I like to pick up where I was easily which leads me to the next issue.

When I'm playing the ipod and turn the vehicle off, I can't pick up where I was in the playlist, album etc.. The music picks up where it was fine but I have to navigate to where I was just at in the ipod menus.

The way you program radio stations took a little time to figure out. And having to scroll through them instead of selecting whatever one you want was a little weird at first. I guess that's the price you pay to have a clean looking face which is one reason I love this HU. I'll take this over ugly extra buttons. Now that I programed my local stations I'm good, till I travel and forget how to do it again :). Honestly I don't see this as a problem and I'll probably not listen to FM much anyway. I just thought I'd point it out.

I don't want to come off as negative because I really love this HU. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something simple I could have overlooked. I have lots of other questions but would like to try to figure out them myself. Since I probably won't figure them out look forward to more questions :D

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
On the remote, there are two small buttons located in the center. Left is pause, right is eq quick change. I use The pause as a mute. Lower left small button is your mute or att. You set what level in the setup menu.
I use the remote religiously, to save ware on the face. Not to mention fastest way to navigate things. Lol
Hope that helps some. :D

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
I also hate that you need to restart the playlist/artist/album search after a little bit or when returning to the car. I don't read enough, but I think that's just the way it is. Likewise on pause and mute, I believe it's only on the remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts