DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Ram, just installed a AP4-CH21 hoping to use toslink to a Helix DSP Pro that I pickedup off SkizeR. Everything is connected and I still have audio coming through the factory speakers, do you have to cut the speaker wire connections from the factory amp?

Please tell me I'm missing something here.

·
Registered
404 Posts
2012 Ram, just installed a AP4-CH21 hoping to use toslink to a Helix DSP Pro that I pickedup off SkizeR. Everything is connected and I still have audio coming through the factory speakers, do you have to cut the speaker wire connections from the factory amp?

Please tell me I'm missing something here.

Are you using aftermarket and oem speakers? You have to run new channels to your new speakers and disconnect the oem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, new wire has been ran to all the aftermarket speakers. Looks like I have to cut the factory wires after the amp.

·
Registered
404 Posts
But you still have the oem speakers connected? You are supposed to pull all the oem speakers out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The remaining speakers are in the factory location. I’m just going to cut the lines and leave them for later.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The remaining speakers are in the factory location. I’m just going to cut the lines and leave them for later.

Just disconnect the oem speakers. Don’t hack the factory harness.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called PAC, their customer service person said that all I have to do is unplug the speaker harness at the amplifier. If it’s that easy I’ll be surprised.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts