1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Fale....

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
That is what compressed air is for. Also try spraying them down with a mist of water first. Gets rid of the static.
The foam and certain surround doping materials can become one and permanetly adhere tot he surround, it's not pretty.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Agree with most of the P.O.V.'s expressed... but at the core, it really comes down to improper packaging, not the peanuts themselves. If they are getting into places they shouldn't be, the units were not properly packaged.

Just my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I LOL'd at the topic. Haha. I can't stand it when people use packing peanuts when they send a driver back to me. Thankfully they're usually for a re-cone and we rip the moving assembly out, but there is almost always some peanuts in the pole vent.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Reminds me of a home sub I purchased on flea-bay. I was packed good, but the shipper did not tape over the port.:eek: So I spent many hours digging peanuts out.:rolleyes:
John
John,

That was a fleabay purchase also....

This is what I saw when I opened the box...

Frikkin douchnozzle...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The worst are the ones that POP into a cloud of **** all over your floor when you squeeze them.

And those are almost always the boxes that get kicked around during shipping, so they're all in tiny little chunks and make a huge mess.

Crutchfield sent me a box with some that are made of cornstarch or something, you can just dump them outside and hose them down and they disintegrate...those aren't too bad. I might let those ones off the hook.

To the rest. It's on!

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Crutchfield sent me a box with some that are made of cornstarch or something, you can just dump them outside and hose them down and they disintegrate...those aren't too bad. I might let those ones off the hook.

To the rest. It's on!
Till the package gets wet... lol...

Tastey with some salt and garlic too...lol..

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Years ago I bought an ID Max 12 off ebay that only had a few peanuts in the box. Not even like the IDQ above. Of course it was dropped in shipping and the frame was bent and cracked. And to top it off the seller did not purchase the insurance I paid for. I was out about $250 bucks and was not a happy camper.

If I could have found out who the guys was, I would have driven from Chicago to Michigan and cracked and bent his skull with the ID Max.

I always try to overpack when I ship.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I did this last time I shipped something and will continue....good way to get rid of the clippings..... the thing is I put them in a trash bag and tape it up..... they don't go as far as you think they would

I was once shipped subwoofers packed in clippings from a cross cut paper shredder. :cwm23:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts