DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I am dibble dabble between pairing Virtus 2 Way with helix G4 amp or morel mps 5.950. Now something i am worried about is helix is 4x80 rms 4ohm & morel mps amp pushing out 4x70rms in same spec.

Virtus drivers are rated 140rms with 91db sensitivity. I know the amps ratings are under-powered. but i want to know will it be enough to drive virtus and still have enough headroom to crank up the knobs. ??

Helix g4 or morel mps ? anybody used them with same setup. 2 way or 3 way ?

What are your thought and SQ feedback ? any other suggestion and right ways from expert members are golden.

my bad, might be noob question, but important and will clear my doubts.

·
Premium Member
9,232 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with the Morel MPS or the Helix G line of amps. However, why are you comparing the 4 channel Helix to the 5 channel Morel? I'm guessing what you really need is a 5 channel? The difference in power for your components and subwoofer is minimal. Reputation for both amp lines is great.

The Morel is longer and narrower with single sided connections. The Helix is shorter and wider with connections on either short end. I would probably go with whichever fits you installation location/configuration the best. And if that makes no difference, I'd go with whichever I could get the best deal on from a reputable source.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. This cleared my doubts to an extent. Yes you are right, i need 5 ch. I was just comparing the power ratings of the 2 Amps side by side for Morel Virtus drivers.

Agree that both amps have good reputation and we understand each amp lines carry its own sonic signature.

Would you be able to comment on the sonic characteristics of Helix G line and Morel MPS Amps and if you can elaborate it please.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts