DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, after adding zapco transmitter > receiver, every time i turn off the hu "Pak" sound pop up in speakers. Its like remains of signal discharge.
Connecting rca directly to crossover (instead via zapco) give no noise.
But the rca is running close to my fuel pump so zapco is a must.

Is it possible that one of the zapco`s faulty or i dont know.

zapco: SLB-TP and SLB-R

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
OK. Let me see if I understand what you are explaining.

You are running the rca from HU into the SLB's with no SLDIN transmitter before that.

or

Are you running HU to transmitter to SLB's.

Then out of the SLB's you are running directly to the amps.

Also have you set your gains and adjusted the output of SLDIN transmitter's if you are using them.

Also maybe Robert will jump in on this thread. Have also posted this on the Zapco Forum.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yes, I am not clear on the signal chain. Can you detail the amp, xover, and what else is in the signal chain, in order?

If you have Zapco TX and RX in line to your amp and xover, and you disconnect the RCA from the HU, so there is no signal in, does the pop remain?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chain is : HU > EQL > Zapco SLB-TP (TRANSMITTER) >Symbilink cable (you need it) >SLB-R (Reciever) > FRX-456 > Amp1 Amp2 > Speakers > My ears > Brain.

connecting rca from eql to frx is not producing "Pak" sound on shutdown .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You know, for free help, you could ask nicely. Exclamation points don't grow on trees, you know.

I think you have a bad Sym receiver. If you can find anyone with the low cost Sym TX that comes with some amps, and plug it in place of your TX, that would be a decent test... but thinking about how the circuit works, you probably have a bad receiver.

I would experiment with RTO delays until I got rid of it. Good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is Sym TX?
And except of the PAK pulse/noise , symbilink chain is working as it should to.
Still waiting for reply from zapco. Mail send 2 days ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.