DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some opinions on rear sub(s). I have a 970 Porsche Panamera and working through a complete audio overhaul. Here’s the current setup.
Helix v eight amp for doors, active
Front dash- Morel MT450
Front doors- Blam 8” and Xcelsus XXM325
Rear- Hertz Mille MPK 163.3 3 way passive

I’m stuck on the sub. I narrowed the choices down to 2 locations.
1- replace current Bose sub with custom box in trunk floor compartment. I found a shop in Jax that offers 10” or 12” stacked fab MDF. The sealed volume is pretty low, probably around 0.7. I’m reluctant to cut and grill the cover, but possible.

2- rear trunk sides. Not preferred as it takes away from trunk size. I could use both sides and add 2x 10”. Volume is about the same, maybe 0.8. (I realize link is a glass box but give location)

I mainly listen to rock and alternative. I was planning to build my own fglass but not sure if it will result in much improvement over MDF. I can purchase stacked fabs for either location which I’m leaning towards. I would appreciate pro/con feedback on the various options. Sub amp is TBD once I figure out sub. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
To answer the question in your post title, 2x10 would give you the most cone area and all else being equal, more output.
I drive an Audi, and folks on the Audi forums always mention Basser boxes as being very well built. Here is a link to Basser Panamera boxes, one for each side... for the record, 893 Polish Vt's converts to less than $200 US.

Basser Panamera Enclosures

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To answer the question in your post title, 2x10 would give you the most cone area and all else being equal, more output.
I drive an Audi, and folks on the Audi forums always mention Basser boxes as being very well built. Here is a link to Basser Panamera boxes, one for each side... for the record, 893 Polish Vt's converts to less than $200 US.

Basser Panamera Enclosures
Thank you for sending that. They were on my radar and I reached out a couple weeks back. No response but understandable Poland has a lot going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts