1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Panny tube
Mcc406m
PS8
Phd AF 1.c TW and Af 4.1 M/B
Hybrid audio L6se

Comments welcome!

The eq is flat for now. Need to adjust the levels on the mid bass a bit.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Panny tube
Mcc406m
PS8
Phd AF 1.c TW and Af 4.1 M/B
Hybrid audio L6se

Comments welcome!

The eq is flat for now. Need to adjust the levels on the mid bass a bit.
I got a big smile on my face when you yelled FUCK YEAH. gorgeous deck. I couldn't be happier for you.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I appreciate the words of encouragement. I need to do something with these damn doors and test some more crossover settings. Still a lot of work to be done. This deck is a keeper though :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
What did you use to record this (camera, external mic, ect) cause I'd like to set up a virtual audition when my build is complete.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did you use to record this (camera, external mic, ect) cause I'd like to set up a virtual audition when my build is complete.
That is on an Iphone 3. I recently learned that when you make a video for sound you should tilt the phone so that the microphone is to the left or right, not downward.

I have a high quality microphone which I can also use, it does a very nice job. That is probably the best way to go for a more accurate recording. After I get a few tuning sessions done, I will try again.

I always like to hear what people have achieved.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'll have to give it a shot with my Motorola Photon Q and see how she sounds. Thanks. Hopefully I can get the remaining parts I need by next summer and get the build under way.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah man I am looking forward to hearing it!

Just a side note. I am by no means a professional, but...

For sound quality you find that everything matters. Source units, drivers, RCA's, and amps. Not necessarily in that order.

No all amps do not sound exactly the same. Such information is propaganda lol... Pick your components wisely. I really like vampire wire RCA's for the price and bang for your buck. I do not have any noise issues with them.

I love my Mcintosh amps, but some companies like Zuki and ARC have nearly comparable offerings for a lower price. The source unit (for me) is the most important piece of the puzzle. Some of the eclipse sources (7000 and 7200) do a damn good job, and for me they are better than pretty much anything currently on the market. The drz which the panny replaced was very nice, but didn't bring out the soul of the music like the tube does... Unfortunately the trend in decks is functionality not sound quality.

That's my two cents. Sorry for going off on a tangent. Just wish sometimes that someone told me all this before I put this car together, had to rip a bunch of gear out and drop in better components lol

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And of course install needs to be added to that list, but it cannot correct for a mediocre signal from the source.

But it's all about what your goals are. If ya dig bass than pioneer does pretty damn well.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I know about doing things right the first time. I'm having to fix the previous owners install skills (or lack there of). That's slowed things down and drains some cash (Door skins for a Cadillac Eldorado ain't cheap). I've got the speakers and subs from a previous failed build (all Nakamichi) my "new" (to me anyways) Pioneer FH-P5000MP is in the mail and the last two things I need are an Audiocontrol DQS & DDC for the EQ and a Soundstream REF5.1000 for the amps. Just crossing my fingers that I see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right on man. Sounds like a sweet setup!

I am dying to listen to some cassettes 2, a very nice retro feature. ^.^

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey West, i'm JL Audio on other forums lol.. I am searching for one of those tubes now.. pana is niiiice. Tried to come on here to find one but huge post count requirement killed me :(

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I think Dave - has most of the Panny's stashed in KY somewhere :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts